Custom Black Label

JeremyM

I'm in the process of developing a luxury line of candles to go along with my traditional candle line. I know I am going with matte black and rose gold containers, and I would like to create matte black labels with gold lettering. I make my own labels for my other candles, but this is something I will need to get custom made. I've searched online, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Can anyone recommend a site that can make labels like the one shown in the picture. (I won't be doing anything embossed.)

Jeremy

black candle.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Jeremy, 

Very nice looking, I too have made my own labels for years and am ready to have someone else do it.  I love the B&BW style and how the letters/graphics are almost 3D.  I have been reading that you like the VCC from Lab&Co so I think a coconut wax line would fit this style perfectly for you.  Will be following this as I have only came across places like Vistaprint and Zazzle, both in which do not have anything much more fancy than what I can do myself.

9 hours ago, Fireside said:

Hi Jeremy, 

Very nice looking, I too have made my own labels for years and am ready to have someone else do it.  I love the B&BW style and how the letters/graphics are almost 3D.  I have been reading that you like the VCC from Lab&Co so I think a coconut wax line would fit this style perfectly for you.  Will be following this as I have only came across places like Vistaprint and Zazzle, both in which do not have anything much more fancy than what I can do myself.

Not to mention they're very expensive! I've been reading up on how to use Photoshop to make text look like gold foil. If all else fails, I may end up trying to print these black labels myself. I'm not sure how the black will turn out on an ink printer though.

23 hours ago, JeremyM said:

I'm in the process of developing a luxury line of candles to go along with my traditional candle line. I know I am going with matte black and rose gold containers, and I would like to create matte black labels with gold lettering. I make my own labels for my other candles, but this is something I will need to get custom made. I've searched online, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Can anyone recommend a site that can make labels like the one shown in the picture. (I won't be doing anything embossed.)

Jeremy

Nice idea, that's a beautiful example.

13 hours ago, JeremyM said:

Not to mention they're very expensive! I've been reading up on how to use Photoshop to make text look like gold foil. If all else fails, I may end up trying to print these black labels myself. I'm not sure how the black will turn out on an ink printer though.

I can help with the Photoshop if you need. I've been a graphic designer for over 15 years. 

On the printing yourself, have you thought about clear sheets like these?

https://www.onlinelabels.com/material_clear_inkjet_labels.htm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aptommo said:

I can help with the Photoshop if you need. I've been a graphic designer for over 15 years. 

On the printing yourself, have you thought about clear sheets like these?

https://www.onlinelabels.com/material_clear_inkjet_labels.htm

Ooh, I haven't thought about the matte clear labels. I get all of my other labels from onlinelabels.com and just requested some free samples to test out my new designs. I ordered the matte white and glossy white labels, but I think I'll get a few of these samples as well. Thanks for the suggestion! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

You can definitely do a label like that and in matte on Zazzle without a doubt.   And also can do in a color that looks like gold foil for fonts.   I do it all the time.

If you need help, let me know.

Trappeur

Hi @trappeur. Good to see you on here, hope you're doing good. I'm keeping you in my prayers. :)

Hi Laura!

Thankyou!   I had a good day today and feel stronger, so much in fact that I carried up a load of wood in my arms for heat in the fireplace.  I was only able to do 1 little stick before because the chemo just drains me so bad....but today was a good day,just  took my happy pill for pain and actually am enjoying a nice fire behind me in my chair.  Actually haven't been out of my nightgown in 4 days, no makeup on....just bleh....lolHere are a few pictures saying hello to everyone.

Trappeur

CIMG2013.thumb.JPG.1bde61f2e61442e67a8938423b2a1e1e.JPG

CIMG2014.thumb.JPG.2896bb5f2428d3ba94fe7ae66acbfdfd.JPG

CIMG2027.thumb.JPG.1428620928978f35479d158a63e1060b.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Hi Laura!

Thankyou!   I had a good day today and feel stronger, so much in fact that I carried up a load of wood in my arms for heat in the fireplace.  I was only able to do 1 little stick before because the chemo just drains me so bad....but today was a good day,just  took my happy pill for pain and actually am enjoying a nice fire behind me in my chair.  Actually haven't been out of my nightgown in 4 days, no makeup on....just bleh....lolHere are a few pictures saying hello to everyone.

Trappeur

We all say hi back to you. Glad to hear you are doing good. Your cabin and fire place looks nice and cozy, enjoy.

49 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Hi Trapp!

It's s good to see you :)   You carried up a load of firewood??  I'm not even sure I can do that!   You are one tough lady. We are all rooting for you!

Yep, a little load.   Been doing it for 30 years in the cabin as I don't have a heating system in my home.   Boy it would be awesome to just walk over to a wall and flip a switch and have heat or air....sigh..oh well....

Trappeur

• Like 2