Chocolate Transfer Sheets?

Hmmmm.  The answer would have a load of variables.  Chocolate has a range of temps it will work at -  it is also not as broad an ingredient as “wax”. 

Piping or painting a bit of wax onto a transfer sheets is possible.  How to adhere it to another piece of wax, like a cooled pillar candle, will be the hard part.  You may have to experiment with heat gunning the main candle, etc. 

Anything is possible.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Hmmmm.  The answer would have a load of variables.  Chocolate has a range of temps it will work at -  it is also not as broad an ingredient as “wax”. 

Piping or painting a bit of wax onto a transfer sheets is possible.  How to adhere it to another piece of wax, like a cooled pillar candle, will be the hard part.  You may have to experiment with heat gunning the main candle, etc. 

Anything is possible.

Okay maybe I'll just buy a sample to test out. I'd ideally like them for melts so maybe they would work? Probably easily in the clamshells and maybe in larger/ harder melts.

29 minutes ago, Kerven said:

Are the sheets made out actual chocolate or cocoa butter, or are they the acetate sheets embossed with cocoa butter and/or powder pigments?

They are colored cocoa butter printed on acetate sheets.

I think melted chocolate is poured over those and allowed to harden before cutting and separating from the sheet. If so, molten wax might be too warm? Soy at around 100F might work, although it may be a bit more runny than chocolate. Cocoa butter on the surface of a candle might run, smear, or bleed when handled, in warm temperatures, or while burning due to cocoa butter's low melt point. As far as affecting the burn, cocoa butter shouldn't have too much of an impact and the pigments (if it's pigmented) shouldn't be in sufficient quantity to either. It might be interesting to try applying a 1/4" layer of slushy soy wax to the sheet, allow it to set some, then use a sharp knife to slice it into shapes. Once cooled completely, carefully separate from the film and decorate the tops of candles with them similar to what's done with desserts and high end chocolates. Not sure how well the wax will separate from the sheet - whether it's too brittle or not... I'm curious to see how that turns out. Maybe a low melt point paraffin that can be brought to ~100F without fully setting? Heat gunning the design onto the side of a pillar might work but I have no idea if an acetate sheet could handle that much heat. Maybe heat gun the side of the candle enough to make it slightly slick, press on the sheet, allow it to cool completely, then carefully peel away? Just some thoughts.