A few months back I asked for information on where was the best website to buy plastic lids and dust covers. I'm also interested in kraft dust covers. None of the links panned out, but if someone has a favorite link to share, could you please post a reply here? To save you a little time, I will tell you I remember that Filmore was a dead end for me. Their huge selection still didn't contain what I was looking for.  

When these companies list diameters, are they referring to inside diameter of the lid, outside diameter of the lid or are they referring to the jar size it will fit? Does it vary by company how the list them or is it all standardized. I'd be surprised if it's standardized.

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Are those pretty easy to pop out of the candle without mangling anything? And how did they do when things heat up at your show? Do they get oily?

Was wondering the same thing. I don't see a pull tab to get them out.

I am wondering about the best material for dust covers. I make them myself, with a digital cutting machine (cricut) because I use so many different diameter containers. I have created a file that is a circle with a pull tab, and I can easily make it any size and create any shape(s) for the wick opening.

I just got a wholesale order for some beautiful gold container candles.  (See photo) My question is what material would be ideal for the covers? I can use clear plastic, heavy paper stock, cardboard, (even wood veneer!)  Candles look terrible in stores when they aren’t covered-but not sure what will work best with the wax and not get icky. Any thoughts on this? Would thin plastic get sweaty?  

If I use the regular look of printed paper or cardstock, does anyone know what “type” of paper works best? 

6794196C-DC62-412E-BC88-2CC09F1DE371.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sunday said:

I guess it's a matter of testing Laura ....but I wonder if vellum might work...maybe not porous like cardboard ..I feel that wood veneer might show oil...just a thought:rolleyes:

That is a good point-I was wondering about that. On the link (way) above, the company uses a backing on their dust covers. 

On 6/29/2019 at 2:57 PM, TallTayl said:

Are those pretty easy to pop out of the candle without mangling anything? And how did they do when things heat up at your show? Do they get oily?

I have a show this week.  and it is suppose to about 90.  I will have a much better report after this.

Some will just pop out pretty easily others will require a little finagling. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After a few shows using them they work as expected.  Yes they could be better. 

With my candles being a little different than everyone elses I have a few extra challenges.  Most of the dust covers come off pretty easily even with out a pull tab.  Some of my bottles with smaller openings do require a little extra effort.

Yes they do absorb the oil when it was really hot.  So some of them needed to be replaced.

So yes they could be better.  I am happy with them.  I like they way they look and it is accomplishing my end goal.  Trying to keep the all the dust from getting in them.

• Like 1