Let's talk Mushrooms

Do you tolerate them at all?  I've got a pretty great combo of wax and wick that looks and throws well.....but, the wicks do tend to mushroom.  Have tried many other wicks, but none work well in this combo.

Do you live w/ the mushrooms?  

I use a proprietary para-soy container blend with zinc wicks that I love .
I do notice that some fragrances tend to mushroom more than others at times, especially if I power burn during testing.
As long as the wicks are being trimmed properly I can live with it and still have a clean ,even burning candle.
I've tried many different types of wicks over the years to get around the mushrooming, including the low-smoke zincs, but prefer the standard zincs for best performance in my wax blend.
The self-triming wicks always seem to tunnel or drown out, so I don't even bother with those anymore.
It's just one of those little annoyances, like frosting & jump lines that we tend to stress over. 

HTH

• Like 1

I do live with them and not just the ones on wicks!  I tolerate mushrooms if they are small or if it's just a few scents that make a specific wick mushroom.  There are so many horrible candles out there you just have to decided what you can be happy with.  With me it's wet spots and small mushrooms as long as I can provide a well burning, safe candle.

• Like 2

I totally agree, it seems all my favorite fragrances are the ones that love to mushroom, so as long as it's not out of control I don't care too much. If it's really bad and I can't fix it by switching wicks, I just don't offer that fragrance for sale.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:56 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I do live with them and not just the ones on wicks!  I tolerate mushrooms if they are small or if it's just a few scents that make a specific wick mushroom.  There are so many horrible candles out there you just have to decided what you can be happy with.  With me it's wet spots and small mushrooms as long as I can provide a well burning, safe candle.

ding ding ding - this is exactly my thoughts. 

• Like 2