Fillmore Container - 14 oz Clear Tumbler

Anybody use a jar like this?  

https://www.fillmorecontainer.com/fc53232-case36anchor.html

Do you use lids?

I was looking at the CS Straight Sided Tumbler but wanted something a little bigger

https://www.candlescience.com/containers/straight-sided-tumbler-jar-libbey

Open to ideas for something similar or another vendor.

Thanks 

test_3088.jpg

Libbey_Tumbler.jpg

When shopping for jars I need a jar that comes with a lid so that is a catagory that can't be avoided.   The straight tumbler from Fillmore (above) there is nothing special about this jar and seems like everyone has this jar and especially being it has no lid, is a complete turn off to me.   The CS jar is very attractive and being that it comes in either amber or black as well as clear is a nice option and you can get in silver or bronze lids makes it very very appealing to me even if it is a tad small.   Most people prefer the smaller jars anyway, even though I myself prefer bigger.   Here is a picture of a 17oz jar with hammered copper lid I got last week of jars I ordered.   Don't know who I'm going to sell to or even what type label but I thought this was such an attractive jar with that lid that I just had to get and ordered 48 of them.   It may not be a bigger jar like what your looking for but I just love and think people would be very tempted to pickup the jar just for the sheer looks of it.\

Trappeur

CIMG1899.thumb.JPG.0bcce2e401e966a693ff24051e8be0b9.JPG

CIMG1903.thumb.JPG.4150d80979b9ad3cd6c18e7f6b60780f.JPG

CIMG1899.JPG

• Like 5

Candybee,  I didn't dent the lids in.....I ordered the jars and lids from Candles and Supplies.   With shipping they wound up to be 2.50 a jar which for that size jar and especially that lid, to me I thought was a pretty good price.

Awni, well being I use 464, it will be 2 wicks..I think the 2 cd5 wicks should work pretty well.   3 wicks would be way too much....well for me it would be.   I'm going to pour some today and I'll post some pictures....

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:37 AM, Trappeur said:

Here is a picture of a 17oz jar with hammered copper lid I got last week of jars I ordered.   Don't know who I'm going to sell to or even what type label but I thought this was such an attractive jar with that lid that I just had to get and ordered 48 of them.

Yes, that is a nice jar and I like that lid too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I use a similar tumbler from General Wax.  It's right about the same diameter.  The straight sided are the only ones I like.  I do prefer the status jars though even without the lid they seem to be thicker glass so less chance of breakage in transporting.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, awnl said:

Trappeur Love your Jar .. I've been looking for something like this. Would you use  2 or 3 wicks?  I use soy wax. Thanks

Awni since 1/13 with a 2 week cure from there.   I poured the candle in 464 using 2 cd 5 wicks which I guessed would be the size and it was spot on!!!

I poured in Fillmores French vanilla - an immediate throw (amazing) and I burned all the way to bottom...trimmed my wick I think once during the times I did burn and it was a most perfect, jar, and wick combo.   No sooting or anything... Just perfecto!    

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 10:52 PM, jaybee said:

i ordered some of those also but the high shine on that lid hurts my eyes...lol

Hurts your eyes?  lol   Now that is funny.

Well, it's a beauty for sure and I have such amazing feedback from people seeing the jar with that lid.   I know will be a winner.   Just put a smashing label on it.

Trappeur

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Yes I use a similar tumbler from General Wax.  It's right about the same diameter.  The straight sided are the only ones I like.  I do prefer the status jars though even without the lid they seem to be thicker glass so less chance of breakage in transporting.

KK I know the jar your talking about and I did order a long time ago from them and it is the same exact jar.   It came with the silver lid, right?

C&S is a lot closer to me that Gen Wax in Cal.   Though the shipping was really the same...but like said, is the same jar.

Trappeur

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trappeur said:

KK I know the jar your talking about and I did order a long time ago from them and it is the same exact jar.   It came with the silver lid, right?

C&S is a lot closer to me that Gen Wax in Cal.   Though the shipping was really the same...but like said, is the same jar.

Trappeur

Yes you could buy the silver lids, black lids or the plastic clear lids that fit that tumbler.  I'm in Calif so for me it was a no brainer! 

On 1/12/2019 at 6:15 AM, Trappeur said:

Candybee,  I didn't dent the lids in.....I ordered the jars and lids from Candles and Supplies.   With shipping they wound up to be 2.50 a jar which for that size jar and especially that lid, to me I thought was a pretty good price.

Awni, well being I use 464, it will be 2 wicks..I think the 2 cd5 wicks should work pretty well.   3 wicks would be way too much....well for me it would be.   I'm going to pour some today and I'll post some pictures....

Trappeur

Trapp (and everyone), check out the Jar Store.  They have those flat metal lids in a wide variety of colors.  Trouble is, their website doesn't say wht jars they are compatible with.  Still waiting on a reply to my email.