“Winter” scent favorites

The Candle Nook

I am in the mood to start making spring candles right after Christmas, but it's a little early yet.  :) I made some Winter Candy Apple candles this week. Those are pretty popular.  Also some Cinnamon Broom because my inventory was so low after Christmas I had to get busy and make some of the basics that customers like.  

I got some new jars and have made some new scents as well, plus some fragrances that customers have ordered.  Every year I think I'm not going to have any business after Christmas, and every year I do.  Not a lot, because I'm a small time operator :) but enough to keep me as busy making candles as I want to be.  

• Like 1

I would think the bakery/foodie scents would be good for cold weather/after holiday scents.  Hansel and Gretel's House (CS) is a really nice one.  Indiana Candle has some nice food ones (Cinnamon Buns, Coffee Beans, etc.)  Even the spicy ones like Cinnamon Broom that Gail mentioned should do well.  I don't think many users are ready for fruity or ocean scents quite yet.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paintguru said:

I don't think many users are ready for fruity or ocean scents quite yet.  

Its funny you say that because my husband did a lot of basket sales for me at his job this holiday season. What did he sell? Nothing but summer fruits and tropicals!  When Christmas was closing in and I ran out of a few scents he got mad and said you don’t need to be running out!  Why should I think I’d be selling so many beachy scents at Christmas!!! 

Now I have tons of Christmas scents left over!! And low inventory to start spring with. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GailC said:

I am in the mood to start making spring candles right after Christmas, but it's a little early yet.  :) I made some Winter Candy Apple candles this week. Those are pretty popular.  Also some Cinnamon Broom because my inventory was so low after Christmas I had to get busy and make some of the basics that customers like.  

I got some new jars and have made some new scents as well, plus some fragrances that customers have ordered.  Every year I think I'm not going to have any business after Christmas, and every year I do.  Not a lot, because I'm a small time operator :) but enough to keep me as busy making candles as I want to be.  

Hmmm. That’s an idea- Cinnamon broom.... I’ve been thinking of mixing cinnamon with a couple of other fragrances. Now maybe the time to experiment!  Any other ideas/suggestions out there??

We are starting to develop/test Spring scents, but we have a few bakery scents we're introducing before then--Jelly Donut and Iced Lemon Biscotti for everyone who's dieting.  We'll introduce spring scents hopefully in March, if they all test well and wicks behave.