Patchouli vanilla blend.

Ramr

I don't recall who suggested that vanilla with a smidge of patchouli might be nice, but I think they are on to something.

Full disclosure, I don't like patchouli. I think it smells like boring hippies. Unlike exciting hippies who smell like...? 

Anyhoo, I'm futzing around with scent blends, decided to give this a try. Melt a little coconut oil in the microwave, add a drop and I literally mean using an eyedropper, like ONE drop of patchouli to three drops of vanilla in these several tablespoons (guessing) of liquid coconut oil. Smear on back of hand and up arm. Hmm.  Worthy of a second sniff. Again, hmmm. Interesting. Sniff. Yeah. This might have merit. Sniff. This is alluring. Slightly annoying and yet you can't leave it alone. 

My arm is burning and turning red because these are CANDLE fragrance oils and it says right on the bottle 'may cause skin irritation'. No kidding. But, you know, for the sake of science sacrifices must be made. I think this would make a lovely candle. I might have to toss the scented coconut oil though as it seems to be peeling my hide off. But thank you to whoever suggested this, good call!

• Like 1

If you get the right patch you would be surprised. I used to hate it for a long time because I remember living through the hippie era and hating patch. It was used a lot to mask the scent of maryjane and hooch and patch don't blend or smell nice by any stretch of the imagination.

But once I tried patchouli honey from Elements I was blown away by this beautiful sweet patch. Been using it ever since and it allowed me to start using the EO again too.

Patch blends with lots of scents but one of my favorites is an orange citrus. Wowzer! Its also one of my best sellers in soap.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to mix my own with CC Vanilla Voodoo & Lebermuth Patchouli but haven't got around to it yet.  I did get a sample of the Patchouli Vanilla from Community Candle Supply and another one from Just Scent and I am really liking the Just Scent version a lot.  If you happen to order from JS you might want to give it a try.