Candle Safety Info at Shows

chevcher

I was just wondering what steps everyone takes to get their safety/ burning information out to their customers ?
Aside from talking to customers at my shows,I've printed handouts for my events that cover the basics.
I was thinking about creating some sort of demo board with pictures and information for my shows this year. For those of you that do festivals / shows, it's pretty exhausting going over steps with every customer, especially multiple days in a row 😫
I should add that aside from the safety and candle maintenance, there's also the extra questions of waxes, oils, wicks ect...
Most of my customers are generally not freaked out about the soy blend or paraffin waxes that I use, since they've been buying from me for years.
 I've had a few ask if they were 100 % soy, when I replied "No", they bolted as if I were selling canned Anthrax 😧

I feel as though there's way too much misinformation out in Web Land , especially scare tactics, and it's so frustrating 😞
Last season, I was bombarded with customers asking if my candles were made with 100 % "Natural" wax and essential oils, so add that to the heap of frustration !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All you can do is what you have already done, with brochures and information. When they ask and if you've repeated yourself too many times, smile hand them a brochure and let them know all information is in the document. 

They best we can do is to make sure we have done our due diligence with our testing, our labelling, having insurance in place and hope our customers are smart enough not to burn their houses down. 

• Thanks 3