Custom blends ginger, white pepper????? What else

mzphee

Happy New Year!!!! 🎊🎆 

its been awhile since I posted but I’m still at it. I have a new assignment a friend of mine would like me to launch a candle line for her business. I am very excited about, her business is geared toward marriages. So she gave me a few scents that “google” named as romantic scents. I am having a very  hard time with white pepper and spicy scent. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ginger,pepper, what else would be. Good blend... I cant 🤔 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:30 PM, mzphee said:

Thanks other than EO have you heard of a FO for white pepper.? I haven’t in the 8 yrs I’ve been doing this but doesn’t mean it’s nothing 

I've never used this but it looks interesting. True white pepper could have kind of a funky musty note, so maybe look for Black Pepper or other Peppercorn scents. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered one of my all time favorite scents was a blend of white pepper and clove. Totally awesome! Filmore carried this a while back then discontinued it. Pity, it was awesome!

But it seems to me that white pepper should mix well with other spices; cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cardamon, star anise, ginger, etc. It may also work well with notes of fruits like citrus, and also wood notes like cedar or sandalwood or teak.

Where did you get the white pepper anyway? Is it a single note fragrance or a blend to smell like white pepper?

White pepper made me curious, so I had to do a bit of browsing. Believe it or not, Save On Scents has a Petrol & White Pepper FO that has notes of pepper, violet leaf, eucalyptus, cardamom, motor oil (WHAT???), musk, and cedarwood. Consider me intrigued.

White pepper blends well with several herbal and citrus scents. Grapefruit and white pepper sounds great, although I don't know how well ginger and grapefruit would turn out. White pepper could be used in a chai tea inspired fragrance, perhaps with a little rose for the romantic aspect... white pepper, maybe some pink pepper, a little ginger, some clove, coriander or cardamom, a little rose, black tea... Bergamot, clary sage, fennel, geranium, lavender, juniper, ylang-ylang, mandarin, lime, lemon, and sandalwood are good blenders. Evergreens, cypress, nutmeg, myrrh, jasmine, and osmanthus might work. Cranberry?

For pre-blended FOs, there are a few white pepper and lavender scents available. Just Scent has Silk Blossom, a dupe, with notes of white pepper, bergamot, apricot, silk, jasmine, rose, moss, and heliotrope - no ginger. Keystone Candle Supply has an old Peak FO on clearance: White Pepper. No description. Candlescience's Caribbean Teakwood has notes of peppercorn, ginger, spice, tobacco leaf, teakwood, sandalwood, amber, and dark musk. IDK if I would say that peppercorn is a white peppercorn, but it's a nice FO IMO... although it's not exactly romantic.