Greatest Wick Chart Ever

In my search for the perfect wick for my use, I thought I had seen every wick chart ever created...but...I just found this one, and it seems to be the most complete one I've seen to date.  Probably I'm the last person to find it...but just in case there are others like me...you can find it here http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/wick_selection_chart_by_wax.pdf

• Like 2

I have seen it before but the guide specifically says at the top that all testing was done with paraffin so I don't think they have wick tested each specific wax. It makes me not trust the recommendations on the guide. I use 464 the most and there is no way that a CD 14 wick will burn a full melt pool in a 3-4" diameter container. I do like the layout and the options of different wick series but I just wouldn't trust the sizes they suggest since it doesn't appear to be backed by testing like some of the other wick guides I have seen are. 

• Thanks 1

As with most guides like this, it's exactly that. A guide. It'll give you a starting point, but you'll still need to test for your application. As runner said, some of the suggestions I can see just by looking are way off and would never work for me and my applications. 

Not to discourage the original poster here.. But I agree..

Never go by what a distributor is telling you works best if they don't carry every size and wick there is .. 

They will always recommend what they have on their shelf and not what works best.

This forum is a much better guide in my opinion... Search for your wax type here and you will get better recommendations...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After making candles for years, I disagree with a lot (most) of these recommendations as most candle makers would with most guides. They are just rough guidelines based off a single wax, esimated jar size, and no FO (which affects wicking). So take it all with a grain of salt.

• Like 1