Soy wax melts sticking to silicone moulds

Hi Everyone, I’m using 8 cell silicone moulds to make snapbars. I’m finding when I de-mould the bars some wax is sticking in the corners of the mould spoiling the overall finish of the bar. Im using Ecosoya Q230 and pouring at approximately 72 degrees. I leave the bars for a minimum of 3 hours at room temperature before de-moulding. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

I know nothing about soy - is Q230 a container wax? If so it could be it's just too soft of a wax for the silicone, or it could be 3 hours is not long enough to have the wax be properly hard enough to unmold. You could try leaving it in for a couple hours longer and that could possibly help.

52 minutes ago, Gemma3758 said:

Hi Everyone, I’m using 8 cell silicone moulds to make snapbars. I’m finding when I de-mould the bars some wax is sticking in the corners of the mould spoiling the overall finish of the bar. Im using Ecosoya Q230 and pouring at approximately 72 degrees. I leave the bars for a minimum of 3 hours at room temperature before de-moulding. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

I had a lot of issues with container wax and silicone molds. You ideally want either the GW for Wax and Melts or the Ecosoya PB for them. I would recommend just leaving them sit longer, maybe even overnight with the container wax and even then you may miss some corners or detail when removing.

Yes I’m pouring at 72c. I’ve tried some of the suggestions and still just the corners of each mold are sticking. When the mold is brand new is doesn’t happen but after a few uses this starts to occur. Maybe I’m being picky, it’s not terrible but I like my melts to look perfect.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, Sammydoo22 said:

Hi Gemma

Did you find a solution to this? I am also using the 8 cell snapbar mould and my corners keep sticking and breaking off! Just a bit frustrating. I’m using soy pillar wax so thought this would work.

Thanks

3rd person to the party lol!

i know this is a year on but did either of you find a solution? Please say yes!

mine was perfect with Q220 then it discontinued. Iv tried everything and Im getting close to my last resort of kicking the lot down the street 😂 thanks in advance! X

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 7:48 PM, Spiper said:

I have this issue with most of my moulds but particularly the snap bar moulds and the white residue after cleaning also never get the shine back to my moulds which is leaving a dull finnish to my melts

I still have issues with the corners breaking of nap bars only I pour at 60°c a bit better but not perfect. I uses Gw 494. I use washing up liquid and a scrubbing brush when dry I then then use a heat gun and that removes the residue left once they have dried. If you don't have one you could try a hairdryer?