Paint for wax melts

Birdies making scents

I had to order it online ( the same one on the right)...it was hard to find in the craft stores near me.  Made no sense!  I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn’s. 

Edited by barbaranj
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, barbaranj said:

I had to order it online ( the same one on the right)...it was hard to find in the craft stores near me.  Made no sense!  I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn’s. 

Thank you I'm heading back to craft stores tomorrow I will look for it of not I will look online

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, Birdies making scents said:

I actually ordered some candle wax pens from Amazon!!!! During my search I stumbled upon them 😊

Hi. I'm curious as to how the wax pens worked out for you? And did you try the acrylic paint mixed with the acrylic paint medium for wax?

On 1/4/2019 at 2:43 PM, Birdies making scents said:

Hello everybody 

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any safe paints you can use on wax melts?? 

I also just saw some edible paint for baking and wonder how that would work on candles and melts? I need to get some of that too and play around with it.

Would it adhere well?

Would it be safe?

Would it cause an odor when heated?

Anybody have any experience with this?

On 3/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, Laura C said:

Hi. I'm curious as to how the wax pens worked out for you? And did you try the acrylic paint mixed with the acrylic paint medium for wax?

Hi Laura

I LOVE the pens I ordered mine off Amazon they work great... 

I also did find some paint pens for wax at Hobby Lobby in the candle making section I haven't used those ones yet but I do highly recommend them.

I have not yet used the acrylic and probably won't now that I discovered the paint pens!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
54 minutes ago, TraceyB said:

What was the name of the pens on Amazon I keep looking and can’t seem to find them...

The ones I bought on Ebay was Viva Candle Wachs Pens....I just checked on Amazon and they were not listed there.