Big ol rabbit hole in China

Hello everyone I wanted to order some jars from Dream vessels and somehow fell down a rabbit hole of research. They have these beautiful jars that I found for much less if I buy direct from China although I would have to purchase a 1000 rather than the $4.20 each plus shipping from dream vessels.... has anyone ordered candle jars/vessels from Ali express or Alibaba?

I came here this morning to ask this very question. I also love the jars at Dream Vessels plus all the great jars I see fellow chandlers using down under. I found exactly what I am looking for on Alibaba. Will be definitely following this post.

Karen in MA

Hi Kfintoni I sent a request for pricing etc to alibaba.... I Find that site a bit confusing and the communication is a bit difficult. I've ordered many items from Ali Express but have never used Alibaba. fingers crossed

23 hours ago, Sunday said:

Hi Kfintoni I sent a request for pricing etc to alibaba.... I Find that site a bit confusing and the communication is a bit difficult. I've ordered many items from Ali Express but have never used Alibaba. fingers crossed

I also sent some requests for free samples and also find the replies to be very confusing. I have replied back with requests for shipping quotes to my zip code. 

Karen in MA

Aliexpress is for smaller quantities and Alibaba is usually for much larger quantities... Check MOQ.. 

Communication with sellers are very sparse and things can easily go wrong... 

I have been trying to buy a certain lid through Alibaba for over a year. I got samples sent but they came with holes in the lids for straws. I was communicated that they had lids without the holes in quantities of 3000 pcs. Then when I was about to order they turned and said their minimum MOQ is 10 000 pcs, "sorry sir, we look wrong". That's after I paid for getting the samples to me and probably after wading through about 50 sellers... Money and time wasted.

Another seller had the lid with the exact specs, sent a sample and it didn't fit at all, not even close... I was billed $100 from FedEx as they picked the express freight for some reason. Stupid of me to let them use our account number, lesson learned.

I have bought customized keychains, bags and such through both Aliexpress and Alibaba so everything is possible and MOQ can be talked down.

Everything can go wrong, and probably will. Samples are a must.

Remember also that shipping glass can be expensive. DHL is probably the cheapest from China I think, maybe call them and see what the freight will be.

Hi Strugglebrother...yes I'm aware that alibaba does business on a much larger scale than ali express but that's why the prices are so much better I guess....Yes I have received endless quotes that I did not request and not a peep from the company that I wanted to hear from. I have experienced random price changes as well as quantity changes ...kinda disheartening....really have never had any problems with ali express....but alibaba is a pain in the a@@

17 minutes ago, kfintoni said:

I have been looking around this site. I am not sure on prices but it is easier to navigate vs alibaba. 

I agree they are simpler to navigate Karen...Good find! The minimum order size is quite high but it wouldn't hurt to get a quote on something.

How do you think the mercury glass containers would do...I wonder  if that silver stuff would rub off inside and affect the wax?...or give off some hazardous fumes?

Or even the painted jars? are they safe? Perhaps someone here will know.