Slime Obsession?

aptommo

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me why you'd spend the time to make slime look like food and smell like food just so it can be smashed in 2 seconds? I came this and was like WOW and then realized it was slime and not wax. I'm baffled!!!

il_570xN.1694180579_tk8c.thumb.jpg.6879017c9b1209474a347e65eb5be509.jpgil_570xN.1668592002_c42c.jpg.1fd322c90c75d54b12dc59e6bcf47155.jpg

Slime is fun!

dd and I were ahead of our tine I think. Some Etsy sellers make serious bank on it. 

As far as why would anybody buy it if it’s going to be dead in two seconds I guess the same thing goes for bath bombs, bubble bars, candles, and tarts. 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Slime is fun!

dd and I were ahead of our tine I think. Some Etsy sellers make serious bank on it. 

As far as why would anybody buy it if it’s going to be dead in two seconds I guess the same thing goes for bath bombs, bubble bars, candles, and tarts. 🤷♀️

Okay true I guess. Do people still buy it madly or has it come and gone before I even knew it was happening like most things? 😄

I am not sure if it’s on the downslide of the product life cycle or not.  Last I looked was at least a year ago. It kind of trended with bath bombs this last time.  Bath bombs seem to be fading from popularity again too. 

Making slime is fun. I scent it with lip balm flavors and add sparkle and color (of course!). Have never tried makin puffy slime but boy does it look fun.  Or clear slime. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aptommo said:

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me why you'd spend the time to make slime look like food and smell like food just so it can be smashed in 2 seconds? I came this and was like WOW and then realized it was slime and not wax. I'm baffled!!!

To make it more appealing to sell.

As others have said, slime is fun, it's appealing to kids, and can sell well if presented the right way. If you saw it in a blob, would it have caught your eye and made you stop to look at it? Probably not, but in these fancy shapes it caught your attention, got you to look and there you are.

• Haha 1