Wicks for pint glasses

Hi there, I’m new here and to candle making! Looking forward to learning from you all. I am looking to use a pint glass as a candle container and am trying to decide which wicks to use. From what I have gathered about selecting a wick the diameter of the container plays a role, since pint glasses start off wide and get smaller as they go down would I base my diameter off of the top of the glass? Will the tapering of the glass effect the way the candle burns? Thanks!

Welcome! 

Yes, your wick choice will depend on your glass shape.  The taper makes it a little challenging, and you’ve figured out the bottom will be important in your choice.  The rule of thumb is to wick for the bottom of the container. Any hang up from further up in thenjar will catch up as it nears the middle to bottom if wicked well.

As that container burns deeper into the glass the heat will climb dramatically.  Wicking fornthe middle or top will result in a scorching hot bottom third.