I just can't support it!!

So, a friend asked me to like her family's new Facebook page for their crafts.  After looking at it, I told her "I'm sorry, I just can't support someone making unsafe candles" I then continued to offer to help teach her safe ways to make beautiful candles.  She replied all snippy saying that is the way her mom has made candles for decades.  Was I wrong?  I will try to attach a pic of the candles.  

Screenshot_20181219-195711.png

It’s hard to see in the pictures exactly but what are you referring to as being unsafe?

it appears to me and I could be wrong that those are hurricane pillars meaning the embeds are in the shell and won’t burn - the candle inside it will and those are perfectly safe to do I believe - personally never have tried it or burned one before  🤷‍♀️

Edited by moonshine

58 minutes ago, Mamabear said:

Sorry, I should have stated.  They are regular pillars with craft butterflies and flowers and whatnot put into the wax.  I did ask about them being hurricane pillars before I said anything.  

Ahhhh that’s a different story then 

being me I would of done the same thing then 😉

If she stays pissy with you then that’s her problem imo - your entitled to stand up for what you will support and you can simply point out you were not trying to be rude just concerned for them if something were to happen and they get sued  

8 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Ahhhh that’s a different story then 

being me I would of done the same thing then 😉

If she stays pissy with you then that’s her problem imo - your entitled to stand up for what you will support and you can simply point out you were not trying to be rude just concerned for them if something were to happen and they get sued  

I really did try to be nice about it, I even offered my time and supplies to help her.  Oh well...I tried at least.  

I don't worry about what others do though I probably would have been like you and explained why I couldn't like their page.  I see things all the time and just move on these days. 

I'm sure it's harder as you are friends.  Hope she gets over her butt hurt without any damage to your friendship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You tried so kudos for that, she may come around at some point.  There are just so many unsafe candles including huge companies that charge a fortune, you can just hope nobody gets injured and continue making your candles as safe as you possibly can.

• Like 1

W

On 12/19/2018 at 9:01 PM, Mamabear said:

So, a friend asked me to like her family's new Facebook page for their crafts.  After looking at it, I told her "I'm sorry, I just can't support someone making unsafe candles" I then continued to offer to help teach her safe ways to make beautiful candles.  She replied all snippy saying that is the way her mom has made candles for decades.  Was I wrong?  I will try to attach a pic of the candles.  

WELL then! I mean DECADES speaks for itself! 
Personally I would have probably said, "Oh, sorry... By the way... Did your mother SURVIVE the house fire or did she die some other way?" 

I can be REALLY NASTY when I see someone doing something INTENTIONALLY, (it's intentional after they've been warned) to jeopardize the safety of other people. 

• Haha 1