Looking for insights from parasoy users

LisaH

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently switched to 6006 after all the changes to soy.  I have been using 6oz,  and 8oz mason jars and there seems to be quite a few wicks that work well. LX16, RRD47 (maybe a bit too large)..WI755  also seem to work well.  I even tried cotton core 44 and they seemed good too.  All of them had a small mushroom, but if trimmed, they all worked well.  I haven't tried wooden wicks in 6006, but have in other waxes, and didn't seem to work too well for me.  Talltyle did a wax test in the wicks and wax section, and the wood wick didn't perform too well.

I would like to try CD's but I have to order them from the US, and the exchange and shipping is a killer.  

is it cheaper to have an individual like myself send you some?

I have tons of CD I cannot use anymore with my wax change 

I have never used 6006 to know if they would work or not but I think 6006 is supposed to be similar to Clarus 3022 and although I don’t remember how CD performed in my tests with that wax I do remember HTP being a good fit and cd and HTP are very similar- some even say the same wick just a different manufacturer 🤷‍♀️

Edited by moonshine

• 2 weeks later...

Woodwicks work fine but can generate a lot of soot as they continue to burn. Just like customers are bad about trimming regular wicks they are bad about snipping off the burnt wood before relighting as well. AS with eeverythign else... customer education. Many customers still are new to wood wicks and have no idea what to do. But yes, they work fine. I have more issues with straight soy wax than I do parasoys and wood wicks.