464 GB soywax Problem with wicks

I have tried so many wicks but not sure why the flame of my candle just blows out like in 15 mins and also I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong the kind of jar I’m using is a Square mason 8oz glass jar. I’m not sure what kind of wick should I buy from amazon 😓

61F4664E-3D9A-4E56-8D0B-8BA819079222.jpeg

517C0FA6-037A-4495-8E86-B802453F7B45.jpeg

71E7F8BE-EB1D-47AF-965E-929C4C7D6EC0.jpeg

Edited by xyamigx
Adding tags

The first two are hemp.  The very first one is “thick” so likely too much wick caused it to drown.  The third is anyone’s guess. Description when I google is just a cotton core. All of those wicks come in a big range of sizes which may be too big or too small for your wax and FO.  My best advice is order from a candle supplier so you know what you’re getting.

Soy wax burns well with CD, CDN, RRD, ECO, LX, HTP, etc. which burns best will take a bit of time and testing. An awful lot depends on your wax, fragrance and container. A set of sample packs with a range of sizes is a good place to start. 

The other question is where did you get your FO, and which FO did you buy.  That could be a culprit as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The first two are hemp.  The very first one is “thick” so likely too much wick caused it to drown.  The third is anyone’s guess. Description when I google is just a cotton core. All of those wicks come in a big range of sizes which may be too big or too small for your wax and FO.  My best advice is order from a candle supplier so you know what you’re getting.

Soy wax burns well with CD, CDN, RRD, ECO, LX, HTP, etc. which burns best will take a bit of time and testing. An awful lot depends on your wax, fragrance and container. A set of sample packs with a range of sizes is a good place to start. 

The other question is where did you get your FO, and which FO did you buy.  That could be a culprit as well. 

Thank you for your help 🙂