Christmas Season.... Over

MilosCandles

Tonight is the 1st night in at least the 6-8 weeks that I have ALL orders made (as of this minute) .  It has been an exhausting season and it is hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away.  Having this small business is great but I miss so much of the season.  I work my 9-5 job during the day and then come home go in the basement every night, and usually spend most of the weekends here also.

I know any orders I get tomorrow (Wed) can still make it in the mail (by thursday) and in time for xmas.  So I know I will have a few more last minute orders.  I try to accommodate all last minute shoppers. 

The 1st year I did this I needed to shut down my etsy store just a few days into December.  I was not even close to prepared for the number of orders I was going to get.  Which is about a days work this year.  This was my 4th xmas season, and I thought last year was crazy.  My sales increased WAY more that I could imagine and I generally kept my head above water for the most part. 

I do enjoy the rush I get seeing the number of sales coming in though.  LOL

BUT I am looking forward to getting back to somewhat of a normal life.  And it being OK to take a few nights away from the basement and going to bed before midnight.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, MilosCandles said:

Tonight is the 1st night in at least the 6-8 weeks that I have ALL orders made (as of this minute) .  It has been an exhausting season and it is hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away.  Having this small business is great but I miss so much of the season.  I work my 9-5 job during the day and then come home go in the basement every night, and usually spend most of the weekends here also.

I know any orders I get tomorrow (Wed) can still make it in the mail (by thursday) and in time for xmas.  So I know I will have a few more last minute orders.  I try to accommodate all last minute shoppers. 

The 1st year I did this I needed to shut down my etsy store just a few days into December.  I was not even close to prepared for the number of orders I was going to get.  Which is about a days work this year.  This was my 4th xmas season, and I thought last year was crazy.  My sales increased WAY more that I could imagine and I generally kept my head above water for the most part. 

I do enjoy the rush I get seeing the number of sales coming in though.  LOL

BUT I am looking forward to getting back to somewhat of a normal life.  And it being OK to take a few nights away from the basement and going to bed before midnight.

Congrats on the success mate!  

• Like 2

Congrats on your success!!

Are you making candles to order? If so that is way too time consuming. Making your candles in one setting all in advance of the season is the way to do it. Obviously if you have orders for more than you made you have to spend extra time making more but that can also be remedied by making x amount of candles. You want to spend less time on that so all you have to do is pull candles off the shelf to fill an order. If you already do this your success shows you just need to think in bigger volume.