Uhh hold up a second, this cannot be accurate can it?

Browsing through some supplier sites and came upon this under the liquid dyes section. I am new to liquid dyes and I am always VERY CAUTIOUS about adding anything more than 5 drops of dye per lb to any of my waxes based solely on fear of the dye interfering with burn performance. Can these numbers be correct???    200 FRICKEN DROPS OF DYE PER POUND??????

vKesbcjl.png

• Confused 2

That is some weak dye. Skip it and move to a seller that has concentrated dyes where a couple of drops will do that color depth and more. 

At an average of 500-600 drops per oz that’s 1/3 of an Oz per lb. geesh. Someone is making a nice profit on diluted dye. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

That is some weak dye. Skip it and move to a seller that has concentrated dyes where a couple of drops will do that color depth and more. 

At an average of 500-600 drops per oz that’s 1/3 of an Oz per lb. geesh. Someone is making a nice profit on diluted dye. 

Oh for sure, I get all my dyes from Flaming and C&S as it stands, but was browsing clamshell molds and stumbled into this vendors  dye page when I found this. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Not that I would ever use this but, who has time to put 200 drops of anything in something they are making?   Can you imagine... 1 drop 2 drop yada yada yada.....:)

Could be fun if counted like Ernestine the operator... one droppy woppy. Two droppy woppy...

• Haha 3

On 12/18/2018 at 5:09 PM, TallTayl said:

Thanks for explaining that @TallTayl. Cause that supplier that says to use 200 drops to get that darker color is ridiculous. Why I wouldn't waste my time standing there counting out 200 drops, that's for sure. :eek2: