Business card design

Paintguru

Forgive the dreadful photo.

This is my business card (not for candles). It has pretty much no information, only direction to my Facebook page, which is where most customers contact me. I do not want to give out my personal email or cell number. If I get a website someday I might get that printed on the next batch of cards but for now, this is working okay.

I left the back of the card blank to write on but what REALLY bugs me is the paper finish makes it very difficult to write on them and the ink smears all over unless you blow on it for 2 minutes or wave it around in the air. I ordered a no-gloss finish, but that doesn't seem to be what they delivered. If you want to be able to jot notes on your card, paper that happily takes and holds ink is a must.

With the back of the card blank I often punch a hole in the corner , pin them to the welding cap and use them as size and care instruction tags. I also jot a customer's cap size on the back of a card and tell him / her to keep it if they ever want to order more. This is a valuable piece of information, cap size, and it keeps my card in their wallet as future reference.

IMG_0396.JPG

• Like 1

I hold three occasional sales each year:  Mother's Day weekend, third weekend in November, local college parents' weekend.  Each year the dates change.  I wanted something big enough to include all the information but not look like the typical flyer/bag stuffer.  I print my own lined index cards to be placed at our visitor's center.  They like the idea that people can write notes on the back; but I could also print a message on the back.   The front design changes depending on the time of year.

GoldieMN

Cottage flyer visitors center fall index card remade sepia tone copy smaller for craftserver.jpg

Edited by GoldieMN

I'm along the same lines as everyone else. I have business cards, but RARELY use them (probably because I changed my branding...). I used Moo and ended up going with the small rectangular, double-sided card. They're actually pretty nice. But now, just print the 4x6 cards and keep a stash on me. I like the idea about printing the order on the opposite side, but would need to figure out the logistics.

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.f061ec0571abf8d2614cf6035316231a.jpeg 498460842_Postcards.png.38a44d502821e6103f88d213563bb8de.png

• Like 1