Business card design

Paintguru

Anyone have any examples of their business cards?  Just curious if people do standard formatting (Company name, your name, URL, email, etc.) or something different?  Thinking of going with a circular one for uniqueness, even though they are a bit pricey.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paintguru said:

Maybe I skip the phone number and address and do the social media stuff.  I guess it depends if it is meant so customers can contact the person or just find and order and follow the shop itself.  

I think if you have a phone number you actually want customers calling then add it on there. I don't have that right now so it's not there. If I build up my business enough that I feel I should then I can change it later. This is why I only got a small number of cards for now. 

• Like 1

I do have business cards but my use of them has greatly decreased.  I now use 4x6 post cards WAY more, and with coupons and quantity it was about the basically the same price as business cards.  I just got them from vista print.

Like in the picture below I wanted to market my website more for ordering.  This was the primary reason for getting them.  I have them hanging off my display at shows.

BUT what it quickly turned into was even more exciting.

My daughter said... Dad can you print on the back of the post cards?  I did not think I could, but I said lets try..  Well guess what, I was able to print in the back of them with my laser printer.

I use to print an "Upcoming Show" list on little sheets of paper I would put in with the candles someone bought at shows.  But now I print that on the back of the post card and give those out.

I use to print a little Thank You for my online sales. Well that is now printed on the back of the post card

I use to print gift messages out and put them in the box but now they are printed on the back of the post card.

Total accident that it worked out, but I love them now.

20181115_195841.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

What is interesting about that, @MilosCandles, is they will keep a post card with info on it for a very long time. I would be inclined to print my online order packing list on the back to ensure it gets filed away and kept on hand for at least the current tax year.

That's an interesting idea.  So the front is logo/image with contact/website/social media info and the back is the packing list for each order.  Plus it would help them remember which scents they ordered from you in the past.  Plus plus, 4x6 printing is in theory easy to do in Word.  I like it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Many printers will also allow custom paper size from other programs. For instance, I print etsy orders 4 up on a letter size page. Changing the paper size in print properties should let that card slide right on through piece of cake. Somewhere are tools integrated with etsy that let you easily tart up invoices. I’ll look around.  The last thing we need is to add a cumbersome step to the already time consuming order process.

1 minute ago, MilosCandles said:

@TallTayland @Paintguru  Please realize that your printer MAY have problems with feeding the cards.  I ordered them with 1 thing in mind, and it just worked out to have more uses.  But I like your ideas.

The one reason I keep my oldie brother laser is for printing on this type of stuff. A smaller, sleeker new hp is intriguing, but that old brother is still a work horse. I’m going to test that size to ensure it feeds as other similar projects have. Bad comes to worse it won’t and will get a sticker, lol. 

3 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

The one reason I keep my oldie brother laser is for printing on this type of stuff. A smaller, sleeker new hp is intriguing, but that old brother is still a work horse. I’m going to test that size to ensure it feeds as other similar projects have. Bad comes to worse it won’t and will get a sticker, lol. 

1 minute ago, Paintguru said:

Even worst case, these are still nice, large advertisements that aren't as easily lost as standard sized business cards and cost almost the same.  

It really is the weight of the paper combined with it being small.  Some printers have an issue with feeding it.

I had an idea for a different sort of "business card". I don't mind sharing it. What is something that people will keep and goes perfectly with candles? Answer: Personalized matchbooks with the same type information you would put on a standard business card. A little more expensive, certainly, but most likely they won't throw them away. You could also throw a pack of them in with each of your orders you ship out. A little free gift.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Quentin said:

I had an idea for a different sort of "business card". I don't mind sharing it. What is something that people will keep and goes perfectly with candles? Answer: Personalized matchbooks with the same type information you would put on a standard business card. A little more expensive, certainly, but most likely they won't throw them away. You could also throw a pack of them in with each of your orders you ship out. A little free gift.

Bridgeway scented market slaps a logo sticker on a cutie little box of matches. Not much cost there but huge impact. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1