Random Scent request

Jcandleattic

So I'm going to be trying to make a very specific type of soap this weekend, but it needs to be with a scent that will not accelerate at all, that will not discolor, and is for a Christmas themed soap. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I normally would just mix something up, however, when I mix it generally makes the scent accelerate, and the design I am going for is going to take a bit of time, so I need something that is fairly fluid all the way to the end.  

I first want to try it before I say what it is, so if it turns out y'all will be as surprised as I am! HA

I could always use love spell, as that slows trace down, however, I'd rather it be a more 'christmas-y' type of scent. 

What about a cranberry citrus, I don't make a lot of holiday scents in my soap as they just don't sell.  I have an apple cinnamon that was a pretty slow mover....I use a fairly high lard % in my slow moving recipe.  That's a hard call.  Love spell is a slow mover for sure....just rename it to something holiday?   :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Shari said:

just rename it to something holiday?   :biggrin:

Very tempted to do just that, as it's more the design I want than the scent anyway. 

I have it completely designed in my head and exactly how I'm going to do it. Provided everything goes smoothly.

But... We all know how that goes once it comes to execution... :) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Do you use any EOs?

Lime and 15x Orange are the only EO's I have on hand as I typically don't use EO's because most fade so quickly in my soaps. 

A Lime scent might work for this actually. I'll have to think about it some more. 

8 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Lime and 15x Orange are the only EO's I have on hand as I typically don't use EO's because most fade so quickly in my soaps. 

A Lime scent might work for this actually. I'll have to think about it some more. 

I find its mostly the citrus that fade. The peppermint, eucalyptus don't fade, they just get better as the soap cures.

Lime, lemongrass, and litsea cubeba are the few citrus EOs that have great staying power in CPs. I love lime and lemongrass combo. Seriously citrusy, fresh, clean, and just plain delish!!!

My lime is one of the only EO's I've used that lasts as long as 3+ years in my soaps. All others I've tried have faded within a year to 18 months. I only have the orange left because I don't use it. I'm hoarding my last ounce of lime from SMR, but have tried a different source that I find to be just as good, but can't think of them off the top of my head. Camden Grey maybe? 

Lavender gives me an instant migraine in both EO and FO so I don't use that scent at all. 

I have peppermint FO but don't think I have the EO. (I'd have to look but seriously doubt I have any)

I think I have Rosemary EO, but I don't really like the smell so haven't used it. 

I have no patchouli, and only peppermint FO that I really don't like. It's got a weird smell to it. 

I think I'm just going to use the love spell so I can work with the design I want. It's too late for Christmas anyway, but I'm going to make them anyway, so by next year they will probably be gone. LOL 

• Like 1