Hade these made - Wick Holder

MilosCandles

3d Printer has been ordered.  Hopefully be here next week.

@Quentinand @CorgiCaper If you are really interested, if you would want to mail me a sample (empty) Jar and wick you use I would be happy to try and come up with something.  No Promises.  LOL

Message me directly and we can come up with something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just made my 1st samples for @CorgiCaper 

I have no idea how I am going to price these yet and not 100% ready to sell.  Maybe like $5 for 1,   $25 for 10 ($2.50ea),  $50 for 25 ($2ea), $87.50 for 50 ($1.75ea), $125 for 100 ($1.25ea) all with Free Shipping. Thoughts?

If anyone else is interested contact me.  I am still looking for input on them and for some people to try them.  Just need to ship me you jar/tin and wick so I can measure and size them.

The ones I made for myself...   OMG I can not believe how nice it is to NOT worry about if the wicks are centered after I pour. 

The way I designed the tab that hold the wick allows for a little tension to be applied also to keep it nice and straight.

20190120_143950.jpg

20190120_144031.jpg

20190120_151221.jpg

• Like 3

I can't wait to get the samples.  I'm not even pouring any more candles until I get 100 from you.  With that said, Bittercreek (the plastic sample I sent you that didn't quite fit) were 100 of them for $30.  The white plastic cross bar one's sell for $34 for 50 of them.

Whatever you choose to sell them for, count me in 😊

Happy to be your first sample 😊

Cheers,

CC

The difference is those are done with Plastic Injection Molding.  Pay $10,000 for the mold, and then fractions of pennies afterward for each.  It will be interesting to see if there are some common sizes or more popular sizes that can be done that way.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, MilosCandles said:

3d Printer has been ordered.  Hopefully be here next week.

@Quentinand @CorgiCaper If you are really interested, if you would want to mail me a sample (empty) Jar and wick you use I would be happy to try and come up with something.  No Promises.  LOL

Message me directly and we can come up with something.

If they fit on a "normal size" flat sided 8 oz or 4 oz jelly jar, they would work for me. I'd buy them anyway. Sooner or later something will come along and they'll be just what I needed.

So are these for just 1 size?   for just 1 container?   like $125.00 for l00 of them.

If they are it would be way to costly to even think about getting them for all the different style jars unless they could be adjustable.  Im used to making 100's of jars at a time and it would be too long to recoup money.

You have a great thing there Milos, but maybe once you get these, they could be worked on to fit and make to different style openings in 1 of these wick holders.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur