Hade these made - Wick Holder

MilosCandles

I got tired of the metal wick holders sliding everywhere so I had these made.

More on order already.

I was spending was too much time make sure the wicks were centered.  This should save me tons of time and space since I can now put them right next to each other.

20181207_213916.jpg

20181207_200549.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MilosCandles said:

I got tired of the metal wick holders sliding everywhere so I had these made.

More on order already.

I was spending was too much time make sure the wicks were centered.  This should save me tons of time and space since I can now put them right next to each other.

Those are neat. I agree, I have tried and don't like those flat metal bars because they do slide and move around. I like those metal bow tie ones too, I use those alot and they fit several of my jars. I've seen them on several supplier's sites including The Candle Makers Store  https://thecandlemakersstore.com/candle-making/candle-making-wicks/candle-wick-centering-device.html  I've never tired them but I've seen similar plastic wick holders like the ones in your photos at Aztec https://www.candlemaking.com/wick-center-holder.html.

13 minutes ago, Laura C said:

Those are neat. I agree, I have tried and don't like those flat metal bars because they do slide and move around. I like those metal bow tie ones too, I use those alot and they fit several of my jars. I've seen them on several supplier's sites including The Candle Makers Store  https://thecandlemakersstore.com/candle-making/candle-making-wicks/candle-wick-centering-device.html  I've never tired them but I've seen similar plastic wick holders like the ones in your photos at Aztec https://www.candlemaking.com/wick-center-holder.html.

I think I've got just about all the types of centering devices. The bowtie type is and exact fit for some of my molds and jars. The thin metal ones with real sharp notch will slice through the wick if your not careful and if you pour to the top, sometimes the wax gets all caught up in it and creates a big mess. The nice thing about the bowties is you can flip them upside down and use them that way too. I really want some of @MilosCandles just as soon as they hit the market. Really, @MilosCandles you've got a winner there. Those things will sell $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Those are great!  Should speed up your process.  I was lucky enough to get some metals ones made for me to fit my jars that the X design doesn't fit and what a blessing!

This could be side income for you, sell to other candle makers that use the same cans at a profit!  I don't think I've ever seen anything like them out there.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, earthfriendly said:

Wow, those are awesome.  Wish I could buy some to fit the 8 oz. tins. 

This may be an option.  I haven't had much time to work on them as I would like,  the goal would be to almost offer a custom sized holder for people.  Send me a jar/tins and I will make them for you.  I dunno.   We will see.   Sounds good.  Not sure how practical.  3d Printing does help with this process.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MilosCandles said:

This may be an option.  I haven't had much time to work on them as I would like,  the goal would be to almost offer a custom sized holder for people.  Send me a jar/tins and I will make them for you.  I dunno.   We will see.   Sounds good.  Not sure how practical.  3d Printing does help with this process.

Thank you Milos, that would be awesome.  I can send you a tin and go from there, to see if it is practical as you said.  Let me know where to ship the tin to. ;)

• 2 weeks later...