LisaH

Can candles stay in a cold car all day?

Hello. I am new to candle making and I have 20 candles in gift bags that I am bringing to a family member today as they live out of town. My question is, he will be leaving them in his car all day while at a funeral. The temps will be in the 20’s. They are in gift bags, and in a cardboard box. Will they be ok or do I need to wrap the box in a blanket? Thanks! 

Are they jar candles or pillars? 

The candles themselves will be fine, but if they are container candles, they could shrink some and pull away from the sides of the jars. Once they warm up they will expand again. They will be fine, but will pulling away from the jars, they could cause larger wet spots than would normally form. Just an aesthetic issue and nothing to really worry about. 

I can't see where your temps would cause any problems.........the problems will come into play if you are in WARM temps......other that some wet spots, you have nothing to worry about.

Shoot I leave cases of candles in the car all winter long. Since I do markets year round I tend to just leave my supplies in the trunk, including my jar candles packed in their boxes. They stay just fine. Been doing it for years.