Best wickless scent throw

aptommo

I know the fragrance varies in scent and supplier, but I'm curious what wax you all find has the best throw. Not just soy but paraffin, soy, blends, coconut, etc. Prefer answers from those that have played around with different waxes using the same FO. I use the max FO in all my melts and they are good but damn I turn around and I'm out of oil so fast if I'm not buying mass quantities and I know some of the blends require less. Sorry if this has been discussed in this section, I did a search and only saw a few threads on people having throw issues. Thanks!! :)

• Like 1

Sometimes you don't need to use the max fragrance oil in it. It depends on the scent. Are you buying pound bottles? That is the best way to save money and not have to keep buying lol unless you are like me. I get addicted to having a ton that now I'm selling some of my 1 oz. All was es have their good and bad points. There I'd no one right answer. We have to test, test and constantly test. It's part of the fun lol well sometimes. After many attempts will someone be ready to sell. A lot of people wait a year. I know it's a long time hut if you sell an inferior product people wont buy anymore. So get some sample bags of different ones you might like and start experimenting. There are many great choices. Everyone likes something different.

I think for the soy wax I use, I've gotten it down but I was mainly asking about parsoy blends or straight up paraffin. There are so many options that before I start buying some to test I thought I'd ask suggestions on which you all find has the best throw for the least amount of FO, in general. :)

4627 is a really good wax. There's no right answer because everybody likes something different. Some people like 464 wax. Some hate it.it takes lots of trial-and-error to figure out what you like best for you.why do you want to change it if you like what you have? I'm just curious. I am still experimenting on what I want.it could take you a year before you decide what you want but then again you might change your mind again lol it is a never-ending process that is for sure. I would do lots and lots of research and you'll be able to figure out what you want to try at least.Most people won't give up their formulas because they've spent a lot of time and a lot of money testing it.It's also depending on what brand fragrance oil you use and what the scent is. Some brands out there or pure garbage.And you use different amounts of fragrance depending on what descent is as well and depending on what wax you use too.someone might recommend the wax and you might hate it. Lol it can be frustrating but that's part of the fun. At least to me it is I enjoy learning. I called myself a mad scientist some days.it's definitely a lot harder than it seems and I would definitely do this for a year at least before selling to the public.sometimes people do well at first but then they don't understand it and then they could get shut down. so just buy you a few ten-pounders and then just start experimenting then you'll see what you like best for you.

• Like 1

In my experience my palm wax throws better with a lower % of fragrance than my other waxes. I use 4% in my melts, and only 3-4% in my candles. 

If you are specifically asking about paraffin, I use a blend of 4794 with 4625, and get great results. Probably just as good as my palm, but I use 6% instead, of the 4% I use in Palm - the longevity is about the same in both applications. 

I don't use soy at all for any application, so can't help you there. 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 2