4627 - I just cant....

Hello....I am back into testing again and am wondering. I just purchased a block of 4627. The throw is out of this world I do agree, but in the Jelly Jar, which wick wont have the appearance that it is going out? I mean there is a full MP about 1/4 - 1/2 inch deep but the LX wick appears to just Mushroom real bad  and the flame dies down as if it will go out.  I must admit that the smallest LX that I have is the LX 16, but would it be worth my while to purchase LX 14 if the LX 16 already looks weak and dying? This also happened with the 44 zinc wick. They say it doesn't need additives, but I dont know. I did add an 8% FO load to it. I will pour a candle wax only and see. I would like to use it due to the throw, but the non vibrant dying  flame after 3-4 hours is very dis-heartening. But any wick, additive or process suggestions that anyone would be willing to help me out with - I would greatly appreciate. 

Thanks