Scissors for Wick trimming

Thought I would share...

After making my candles the wicks need to be trimmed to length.  I accidentally bought a pair of scissors about 2 years ago and now I can not live out them.  

https://www.westcottbrand.com/products/scissors/titanium-bonded-scissors/westcott-6-precision-tip-titanium-bonded-craft-scissors-w-lanyard.html

They are comfortable, fast easy and stay sharp.  Every now and then I misplace them and UGH I use a regular pair of scissors and I hate it. 

I decide to find out what ones I had and try to buy a few more pairs.  I found a 6 pack on ebay for $19 (shipped) which I bought but seems like they are a good deal on that website also.  Hopefully I do not misplace 6 pairs.  LOL

17 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Have you ever used end cutting nippers?

I have, but not for wick trimming.

15 hours ago, Candybee said:

I've always used nail clippers. I hate using scissors.

11 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I also either use nail clippers or a little pair of nail scissors.

I tried nail clippers and did not have as much success as the scissors I bought.  The problem with the nail scissors is that I am a guy with guy fingers.  Anything that has smaller holes I do not do well with.  Those scissors I have fit my hole hand in it easily.  LOL

16 hours ago, Candybee said:

I've always used nail clippers. I hate using scissors.

Me too. My jars get sort of deep so scissors are awkward and don't cut well at the angle I have to hold my hand to get them in the jar. The large toenail clippers work great, and I have 2 dedicated pair just for my candle wick trimming.