Hello

What's your name? Doris - my business is Watery Mountain Essentials

How old are you? I was sad when the dinosaurs died

Where do you live? Warrenton, VA

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? I've been making soaps, lotions, etc, for several years and I'm just getting into candle making

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I'm an old hippie and it just seemed like a natural thing to do, along with jewelry making and other crafts

Are you married? Any kids? Widowed with 9 dogs, 7 cats, 18 chickens, a rabbit and a finch

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? Teach

Anything else we should know? I'm excited to join this community because I always have loads of questions (and sometimes an answer or two)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hello @WateryMountain, welcome to Craft Server. There are lots of friendly, helpful and knowledgeable people here. I just joined earlier in the year and I'm so glad I did, they have answered a lot of my questions and have given me great ideas. BTW, your website and products look very nice.

Enjoy!  :smile:

Laura

• Thanks 1

Hello @WateryMountain! Welcome! 

I am a teacher's aide so we have something else in common besides a love for scents and wax! I work with special needs kids. What do you teach?

I have to say I am jealous of anyone that gets to live in Virginia LOL! I've been there once and just loved the countryside. I am a colonial/early american decorating fiend and just love looking at all of the period things in that area. I'm in Texas so you know how everyone here (except me LOL!) decorates their houses! Boots and stars and horses!!!

It's good to have you on here! Looking forward to learning more about you and swapping ideas and learning from each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

Hello @WateryMountain! Welcome! 

I am a teacher's aide so we have something else in common besides a love for scents and wax! I work with special needs kids. What do you teach?

I have to say I am jealous of anyone that gets to live in Virginia LOL! I've been there once and just loved the countryside. I am a colonial/early american decorating fiend and just love looking at all of the period things in that area. I'm in Texas so you know how everyone here (except me LOL!) decorates their houses! Boots and stars and horses!!!

It's good to have you on here! Looking forward to learning more about you and swapping ideas and learning from each other.

Northern Virginia is especially rich in history. One of our regular markets is in Washington, Va, known as Little Washington. The site for the town was surveyed by George Washington when he was just 17 years old.  Of course, we also have a lot of civil war sites here, too.  You'd love it!

On 12/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, WateryMountain said:

Northern Virginia is especially rich in history. One of our regular markets is in Washington, Va, known as Little Washington. The site for the town was surveyed by George Washington when he was just 17 years old.  Of course, we also have a lot of civil war sites here, too.  You'd love it!

I LOVED the trip I took to Virginia!  We stayed in Colonial Williamsburg for three days and then went to Philadelphia. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

I plan to visit again one day and take my time and see all of the colonial things my heart desires LOL! My whole house is decorated in colonial/early american decor and I just can't get enough of it. There aren't very many places around here to get that sort of thing so most of my home decor I have to order online. Thank goodness for the internet! One day I plan to take a trip up the east coast and visit all of the historical places and shop and shop! Lord willing of course.

My favorite era in history to study about is the Revolutionary period, the colonies, etc. I'm not a boot and horses decorating person. I sell more leather and leather blended tarts than anything else around here. Texans love leather! YUK! 

Welcome to Craft Server!

Woohoo! Another Virginian on board. I am in Front Royal about 45 minutes from you. We may have met at a craft show or market if you do them. I do a lot of them in the valley and even in Warrenton. Just did the Santa's Village at Fauquier High School last month. Maybe you were there?

Anyway, nice to have you here.