Is Vybar 260 toxic?

Hi Guys,

For anyone who's worked with Vybar 260. Would you know if it is in the toxic category like paraffin?  or is it a natural additive? Just curious because I like the idea of experimenting with more natural things.

Really appreciate all your help here :)

What toxic category is paraffin? 

Pure Paraffin itself is pretty inert. Think Gulf canning wax. You can eat it with no ill effects other than some interesting gut movement. Mineral oil (liquid paraffin) is also inert. It’s used in medical procedures to resolve impactions among other things. Petroleum jelly kept my late grandmother looking youthful into her 90’s

To find data for your vybar, I would ask the retailer or  manufacturer for a SDS (safety data sheet). That should tell you all you need to make the decision for your use. 

Keep in mind, too, that we are never told what is in the fragrances or colorant’s, etc. burned in our candles as it is trade secret.  Paraffin candles get a really slanted bad rap, mostly because the soy industry did a marvelous job with their smear campaign. Wicked improperly any candle can be filthy. Wicked well, any candle can be nice and clean. 

• Like 6