northwood candle supply (5 star reviews)

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I want to order some supplies from northwood candle supply because of all the positive feedback. But now I'm having doubt because it seems that everything on there website has 5 star review which seems very strange to me. Is Northwood telling people to give 5 star for something in return?  Just very strange to me. Has anyone else ordered from there? I'm looking at their coconut wax and fragrances at the moment.

Thanks so much guys!

On 12/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Ruru said:

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I want to order some supplies from northwood candle supply because of all the positive feedback. But now I'm having doubt because it seems that everything on there website has 5 star review which seems very strange to me. Is Northwood telling people to give 5 star for something in return?  Just very strange to me. Has anyone else ordered from there? I'm looking at their coconut wax and fragrances at the moment.

Thanks so much guys!

They are a good company. No problems here on my end yet. Their coconut wax is super nice although it can soot a bit if you dont have the correct wick/size. Also its just too darn expensive for my line of candles. If you are to go with that wax I think they even suggest to market them as a "luxury" brand candle, whatever tf that is lol. 

AS far a fragrances...I liked the samples I got so much I am now including at least half of them for my 2019 line up. Obviously fragrances work differently for everyone and smell is subjective, but as far as quality Id say order some samples and decide for yourself. 

Cant answer the 5 star rating thing tho, although most of the items I got from them would in fact have gotten a 5 star rating if I had taken the time to rate them.

-Cheers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, doglvr said:

Three of my favorite scents are from there:  Campfire Memories, Fireside Marshmallows, and Golden Oaks.  Golden Oaks will blow the doors off.  Everyone loves that one.  Good company!

Can you describe those please. I was looking at all 3 except Golden Oaks . Do you use in candles or wax melts ?

My order arrived and I can tell you that all of the 11 scents I got smell fantastic just smelling in the bottle, even the ones I don't love I recognize is a personal preference of smell and not because it's a bad oil. The shipping was fast and they have great customer service. I'm really excited for 5 of the 11 to get into wax and see how they do! Here's what I ordered:

Sleigh Ride
Cinnamon Buns

Caramel Swirl

Wildberry Chamomile

Autumn Magic

Those are the ones I'm really excited to try out. 

Mon Amour
Love

Desert Fairy Dust

Northwoods

Winter Morning

Beneath The Stars

I'll definitely use them all eventually. I have a box of scents I've ordered 1oz of that will never be used because either I feel the oil isn't good for my wax or I just can't tolerate the scent lol. 

Side note: They included a sample votive with Flower Bomb in the box and it's all I smell now. I can't get the scent off my hands!!! If you love the smell of flowers, that would be fantastic. I however, do not. 😷

1 hour ago, aptommo said:

My order arrived and I can tell you that all of the 11 scents I got smell fantastic just smelling in the bottle, even the ones I don't love I recognize is a personal preference of smell and not because it's a bad oil. The shipping was fast and they have great customer service. I'm really excited for 5 of the 11 to get into wax and see how they do! Here's what I ordered:

Sleigh Ride
Cinnamon Buns

Caramel Swirl

Wildberry Chamomile

Autumn Magic

Those are the ones I'm really excited to try out. 

Mon Amour
Love

Desert Fairy Dust

Northwoods

Winter Morning

Beneath The Stars

I'll definitely use them all eventually. I have a box of scents I've ordered 1oz of that will never be used because either I feel the oil isn't good for my wax or I just can't tolerate the scent lol. 

Side note: They included a sample votive with Flower Bomb in the box and it's all I smell now. I can't get the scent off my hands!!! If you love the smell of flowers, that would be fantastic. I however, do not. 😷

Flower Bomb is a great smell in soap, I found it to be not as strong as in candles which it gags me!  lol

• Like 1

I went to the Northwood site to check them out - in browsing I noted that it would only show me the price for 1oz and no other sizes - since there was a "contact us" icon that pops up on every page I did so and explained the problem I was having and stated that I didn't know if this was a problem with their site or my Android phone - got a reply from them thanking me for my interest in them and assuring me they did have sizes other than just 1oz and telling me this was a known problem that affects both Android devices and some iPhones - I replied back that before I ordered 1oz sizes to test I needed to know the prices of the 1lb bottles as well as checking out their shipping costs to see what the final cost breakdown would be on my end (as I do with every single thing from every single site before I order) and that I was unable to do so on their site - got a reply back apologising for the inconvenience and suggesting I download another browser so I could use their site - I replied back that it was no inconvenience at all since I would just do business elsewhere and that I had never had any problem accessing any other site - did not receive another reply from them - so they tell me this is a known problem and their fix is for me to download another browser? No thanks, there are more than enough other suppliers for me

• 1 year later...

Well, they are not the most polite people. Asked a question and got a rude answer. They answered my question but... and I am a dry person, I dont care about flowers and TLC... so for me to think they were rude, I mean... these people dont care...

Second DELIVERY TIME... Placed an order August 7.

Shipping label created August 13 - 6 days later.

TODAY - August 16 and still waiting.

I only buy from these people because their wick works for me but I am about to place an order with LoneStar -  as they are fast like Candle Science.

Get away from Northwood!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahah, I basically never trust reviews on websites except if you're buying off a 3rd party distributor (like amazon, but even they have issues). Reason being that the merchant can 100% control which reviews to surface on the website (I used to work for an ecommerce platform). Some suppliers though like CandleScience seem to have a more honest review system judging by the number of non-5 star reviews. 

Edited by candleshiba

+1 on them not being the most polite people. They don't even know how to wick their own coconut wax that they supposedly use in their 'private candle line'.

They told me they use a Eco 10 in a 3" diameter container. I tried it with the same example fragrance and load etc and I couldn't even keep it lit past a few minutes, I don't know how they sell candles like that.

They make out like they care by commenting on reviews, but their advice is not useful at all (it reminds me of Candle Science, they are REALLY DUMB). I'll admit that I do like a couple of their fragrances, which bothers me because they're so expensive, but I just get them as a treat for myself now and again.

• 2 years later...

Their scents are okay.  I don't have a problem with the ones I've purchased from them.  However, if you do place an order, you better hope there isn't a problem with delivery because they will not help in the least if your order doesn't show up or is lost in transit.  I had an order that has dropped off the radar on tracking and couldn't even get them to return an email.  I checked their FAQ and they basically say any USPS issues or transit issues are not their problem. So no one really has your back if there is a shipping issue, you're on your own.

• 1 year later...

Don't order from these people. 

I spent $100 on supplies from them and did not notice my shipping address was my old address in a different state. They refused to help me change my address claiming it was policy for fraud prevention despite me providing order number and screenshots of my order, name and billing vs shipping address, where the billing address literally matched the address I was requesting. Then when I requested them to cancel my order, I was told no yet again due to it being in fulfillment. Overall they have now not only screwed me out of my money, but my items as well. Don't order from them. 

Ugh, that's really frustrating.

Sounds like several people in this old thread have had bad experiences there.  I've been lucky...I've only had good experiences with them.

I hope you get it straightened out and manage to get your items.