Looking for best soy blend wax

I have tried so hard to make GB 464 work, and I cannot get a good hot throw out of most of the candles I've made regardless of container, wick or various melt and pour temps.    I've been committed to soy only, and do love the Millennium Blend from American Soy Wax, but still looking for more scent throw.  I've finally decided that if I'm going to make a candle for performance, I should begin testing soy blends.  Can someone recommend where to start?  I've read a fair amount about the IGI 6006.  Pros?  Cons?  Others?

I went from 464 to 6006 for the exact same reason and I have been happy with 6006, but I haven't tried any of the other soy blends. I do know that you can get very good HT out of 464 if you give it enough cure time. I recently burned a candle I made with 464 that was over a year old and it had amazing HT. I'm told that 6006 is hard to wick, I don't have enough experience with other waxes to say one way or the other, but I trust the source of that information.

I have used 6006(not huge fan of 6006 but I have not used long enough to appreciate it i guess) and 444. I only use 444 and have had good hot and cold throw. However I have noticed that cold throw and hot throw also has lot to do with FO you use. Some I have that are light and does not give too good cold and hot throw and some do. I am new to candle making so not sure what else is out there. One problem I have noticed with 444 as it shows some cracks in random candles. Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, Forrest said:

I went from 464 to 6006 for the exact same reason and I have been happy with 6006, but I haven't tried any of the other soy blends. I do know that you can get very good HT out of 464 if you give it enough cure time. I recently burned a candle I made with 464 that was over a year old and it had amazing HT. I'm told that 6006 is hard to wick, I don't have enough experience with other waxes to say one way or the other, but I trust the source of that information.

I think that might have been that the 464 wax you made that candle form was better than recent batches more so than it's been curing over a year?

I have been speaking to experts and asking the same thing and they all say more than 5 days is enough of a cure for testing HT. CT can improve up to 10 days sometimes.

5 hours ago, strugglebrother said:

I have been speaking to experts and asking the same thing and they all say more than 5 days is enough of a cure for testing HT. CT can improve up to 10 days sometimes.

Most of the knowledgeable people around here wait two weeks. HT will improve with age, but the rate of improvement decreases over time. That doesn't matter  to people who are making candles to sell because they don't want to store candles for months before putting them on the market. The next time you make a candle with poor HT put it away for six months and try it again.