Lab & Co coconut wax

pughaus

On 12/1/2018 at 5:25 PM, pughaus said:

It's shipped from a 3PL fulfilment center.  

I know for a fact that they are just repackaging the wax and selling it. This is actually the same exact wax from candle and science. They both sale them for the same price too.  I know because I get the same wax however, I get it directly from the manufacturer. 

On 11/29/2018 at 11:24 AM, strugglebrother said:

Sorry for being a bit skeptical here..

I sense this just is products being repackaged in fancy packaging with a 200% markup...

I can also not stand their licensing deal thing with that you have to give them free advertising on all your products after you BOUGHT their wicks.. otherwise, they will sue you. 

Quote: We request that you provide us with your company name and the brand name (if different than your company name) for each candle that you manufacture so that we know where our wooden wicks are being used in the marketplace; that you are protected under the licensing agreement; and, your candle products are not susceptible to patent infringement.

Cmon, you aren't Bill Gates, are you?

You are 100% right about them repackaging the product. 

33 minutes ago, Thecandlegirl said:

I know for a fact that they are just repackaging the wax and selling it. This is actually the same exact wax from candle and science. They both sale them for the same price too.  I know because I get the same wax however, I get it directly from the manufacturer. 

When you say "Candle and Science" do you mean Candlescience? because the Lab Co wax is nothing like any of candlescience waxes. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Thecandlegirl said:

which wax from candle science are you referring to?  Or do you mean candles and supplies?  What manufacturer? 

Edited by pughaus

Pretty sure Thecandlegirl is referring to Candles and Supplies since Candle Science doesn't sell any coconut wax blends. Looking at the Candles and Supplies website, it shows all of their coconut wax blends (except for the coconut-paraffin wax) as being out of stock. I could be wrong, but I think that's the same as the Coco 83 wax that others have used. You can tell it's all the same because they have all been out of stock for a while now. The fact the Lab & Co waxes are still in stock tells me they are not the same wax marked up at a higher cost.

@TallTayl the Lab Co wax is the same price as the C&S slabs in the small qtys.  They both charge 2.80 lb.  But Lab Co only offers 20% off for larger qtys. They're pretty clearly geared towards the hobbyist, in pricing and presentation.

As a hobbyist,  Lab Co was actually less $ for me when I factored in the freight charges.  It all depends on where one is located I suppose.. 

I think the licensing deal Candlegirl is referring to is on lab and co website also part of wooden wicks. I have not tried their wicks. And Jeremy you are correct about the wax at candle and supplies. Wonder if Northwoods coconut wax is the same as candle and supplies wax. Maybe that’s already been established and I missed it. Well someone’s been buying up coconut wax because Northwoods has been out for weeks too. 

8 hours ago, Kerven said:

Interesting that so many of the coconut waxes have been sold out for some time now. Didn't word have it that Accu-Blend was relocating and production has been put on hold? I wonder if it's related to the shortage.

The move must have taken considerably longer than expected. Puts a lot or resellers and makers in a lurch. The squirrels feelings open the door for other, larger manufacturers to capture that market space. 

14 hours ago, JeremyM said:

Pretty sure Thecandlegirl is referring to Candles and Supplies since Candle Science doesn't sell any coconut wax blends. Looking at the Candles and Supplies website, it shows all of their coconut wax blends (except for the coconut-paraffin wax) as being out of stock. I could be wrong, but I think that's the same as the Coco 83 wax that others have used. You can tell it's all the same because they have all been out of stock for a while now. The fact the Lab & Co waxes are still in stock tells me they are not the same wax marked up at a higher cost.

Hi, yes I’m so sorry I meant Candles and Supplies. It’s their 5lb coco slab wax. They offer two different kinds.The Coco 83 wax is different from their 5lb Coco slab wax. I do know for a fact that Lab & Co vcc wax and Candle and Supplies 5lb Coco “SLAB” wax is the exact same wax. Perhaps Lab & Co placed an order at different times w/ the manufacturer. There are different factors that play a part as to why one is available and the other isn’t. However, the are the same. 

14 hours ago, JeremyM said:

If you’ve ordered in bulk then you know that these are the slabs that it comes in. 26C63609-5907-4270-8E15-AF07C2ADD675.thumb.jpeg.0d4c69eac7f7e0a1ab71578912c5ed94.jpeg

4 hours ago, Thecandlegirl said:

Hi, yes I’m so sorry I meant Candles and Supplies. It’s their 5lb coco slab wax. They offer two different kinds.The Coco 83 wax is different from their 5lb Coco slab wax. I do know for a fact that Lab & Co vcc wax and Candle and Supplies 5lb Coco “SLAB” wax is the exact same wax. Perhaps Lab & Co placed an order at different times w/ the manufacturer. There are different factors that play a part as to why one is available and the other isn’t. However, the are the same. 

Very interesting...I just received 15lbs of the lab and co VCC.  I do believe C&S slab contains a small % of beeswax as well. 

13 minutes ago, CandleRush said:

I’m jealous! I love Lab and Co wax. A representative there told me there is a very small amount of paraffin in it which I appreciate. I love Northwoods but if I had to choose I’d go with Lab and Co. or candles and science if they are the same. 

@candleRush as someone else said, there really isn't too much of a price difference between Lab & Co and Candles and Supplies.  Lab & Co 5lb slab is $14 while Candle Supplies 5lb slab is 13.99.  The difference come when ordering in bulk and even then it's a few dollars more because lab & co gives 20% off anything over 40lbs (I believe).  I've chalked it up to pick your poison and which fares better with shipping. 

3 hours ago, Bambi said:

@candleRush as someone else said, there really isn't too much of a price difference between Lab & Co and Candles and Supplies.  Lab & Co 5lb slab is $14 while Candle Supplies 5lb slab is 13.99.  The difference come when ordering in bulk and even then it's a few dollars more because lab & co gives 20% off anything over 40lbs (I believe).  I've chalked it up to pick your poison and which fares better with shipping. 

6 hours ago, pughaus said:

No, I went through my short term supply.  But it did inspire me to make a very similar blend which I am now happily using.

@pughaus you know you’re stuff bcus your percentages are spot on. I didn’t want to go through a 3rd party and possibly risk delaying my orders if they were out of stock so I went straight to the source. 

19 minutes ago, Thecandlegirl said:

@pughaus you know you’re stuff bcus your percentages are spot on. I didn’t want to go through a 3rd party and possibly risk delaying my orders if they were out of stock so I went straight to the source. 

@Thecandlegirl, are you referring to accublend when you say the source or candles and supplies?