does Repour effect scent throw ?

Hello 

Its been a long time but I am dabbling again Last night I poured 4630 paraffin candles in cinnamon apple and I used new color chips that were not as colorful as my old ones so I got light red instead of the dark red I was used to If I do a re pour will it effect the scent throw and if so can I just add a tad more fragrance  I poured it a 12%

Thank You for any thoughts

Kim

20181121_102515.jpg

• Like 1

You mean you would like to melt them down and add more dye?  Honestly, it's not worth the hassle, IMO.  If you mean you've added 12% FO already, that is beyond the max capacity for 4630 anyway.  I definitely would not add more.  Melting them down may diminish the throw, but the oil is still in there.  It doesn't go away and make room for more, if you know what I mean.  4630 can be a big old sooty mess with that much FO, and it'll likely weep as it is.  The color is pretty, and it's appropriate enough.  I promise you no one will think a thing of it.

Thank You 

•  
  • Thank You Bfroberts! I know 12% is high but I have had good results in the past with it theese are Christmas candles I want them to be beautiful as well as smell good ! They are almost red but not quite !

Edited by Jcandleattic

I agree with Bf for sure......12% is wow!  That's a LOT of oil .....I wouldn't add any more oil that is for sure.

If those were my candles, I would be testing a couple of them now or as soon as they are cured b/4 I would be giving out as gifts.   I would want to make sure those candles were safe to burn.   As far as the color goes, I really love that shade of color!   Granted, it is not a true red......but it's truly a beautiful color and I wouldn't change a thing.

Trappeur' 

I think the color is pretty and although I don’t use your wax if you do decide to do a repour I would not add more fragrance - I have melted candles down before and there isn’t much difference in throw so long as you don’t over heat it for long periods of time 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kshaler said:

Thank You 

•  
  • Thank You Bfroberts! I know 12% is high but I have had good results in the past with it theese are Christmas candles I want them to be beautiful as well as smell good ! They are almost red but not quite !

not sure what happened when you did this reply but I fixed it for you,

I agree with Bfroberts - 12% is quite high. I can get a great smelling candle with 6% or less. 

More is not always more, if you know what I mean. 

• Like 1