464 competing with "Soy Wax Blend." Frustration!

1 hour ago, ellajoan said:

@StanfordP, this is so exciting to me.  Looking for a way to improve my HT and I already use and love Premiers.  Are you willing to share what your F.O. percentage is?  If not, I understand.  You've already given us lots of food for thought.

Fragrance load really should be tested to find the optimal amount. Plus, it varies so much depending on personal preference. I’d rather not say, if that’s okay. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I just looked again and the 50 lb cocoparasoy blend restock date is Dec 19. However, they have the coconut soy blend 50 lb bag in bead form in stock. So I am confused. I thought you said you are using the coconut soy blend?:huh:

I blend it myself. I’m using the beads right now as a last resort, but I’m not a fan. Plus, the beads have melted into one giant block! 

6 hours ago, ellajoan said:

@kandlekrazy, do you find the HT  much improved with the C3 and coco blend, as well?  

Really can't say if the HT was improved, I made 1 turkey fryer full with the coco at 20% and I never used it again.  The only thing I made with it was melts  and tiny mason jar candles that I used EO in.  I will say those tiny mason jars could fill a room but they did without the coco wax as well.  It is because of where I'm heading with my candle business not that I didn't like the coco wax.  I loved the smooth tops and no frosting when I colored the wax which was a huge plus.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 12:58 AM, StanfordP said:

I LOVE coconut wax! 🥰 It’s like a miracle wax. It doesn’t crack or sink, it hardens faster, and holds fragrance better. It’s also a purely sustainable product. The agricultural impact of soy (farming, irrigation, land waste) negates any environmental benefit of using soy wax. 

Its tough to wick, which is why I blend it with soy. In pure form, coconut has a melting point of around 96 degrees. So, you gotta wick down. All the way down. 

Anyway, I could go on and on. It’s not cheap, which I blend with soy. But, my candles are beeeeau-ti-ful!

EDIT: I’d recommend buying a 10# bag of coconut wax and experimenting. Start with 5% and go up from there until you’re satisfied. I’d you can get a formula that uses less than 15% coconut wax, your cost per ounce of wax will only be affected by a few pennies. Worth the cost for the huge jump in quality. But you gotta experiment! And you’ll want to wick down, too. Good luck! 👍

this thread is so interesting! I am intrigued in the type of coconut wax you use. As I mentioned earlier , my All Seasons Cocosoy blend does not like the heat ... it's been a killer summer, with tomorrow in the 40's! (Australia) Even in the high 20"s my candles are sweating at the markets undercover. I find adding coconut wax has the opposite effect with me ... it softens the wax. I would love a harder cocosoy wax blend , as they make a beautiful creamy, expensive looking candle. Do you live in a cold climate by any chance? If not , why would your coconut wax be harder? Wouldn't it be the same? Also , Isee that Nature wax makes a blend .. have you tried it? I use ti use C3, but didn't like the bubbles. Does it bubble as much with the addition of coconut? Sorry for all the questions!!!

thankyou

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 8:19 PM, obsessed said:

this thread is so interesting! I am intrigued in the type of coconut wax you use. As I mentioned earlier , my All Seasons Cocosoy blend does not like the heat ... it's been a killer summer, with tomorrow in the 40's! (Australia) Even in the high 20"s my candles are sweating at the markets undercover. I find adding coconut wax has the opposite effect with me ... it softens the wax. I would love a harder cocosoy wax blend , as they make a beautiful creamy, expensive looking candle. Do you live in a cold climate by any chance? If not , why would your coconut wax be harder? Wouldn't it be the same? Also , Isee that Nature wax makes a blend .. have you tried it? I use ti use C3, but didn't like the bubbles. Does it bubble as much with the addition of coconut? Sorry for all the questions!!!

thankyou

The coconut wax isn’t harder; in fact, it’s much softer. If you want a harder blend of coco soy, I’d say just add some more soy wax or beeswax. I haven’t tried naturewax’s cocosoy blend. And, I still get bubbles with C3, BUT I notice less bubbles if I pour hot and slow.