I'm out of coconut oil!!

Candybee

I think we've all pulled a brain lapse!  Coconut oil at least you can sub out something or get locally.  I hate it when I prepare to pour wax and the 1 fo I really need has less than 1 oz so I get almost nothing if I pour it.  I make lists but guess everything needs to go into my phone reminders.  My lists get buried and forgotten until I clear my desk (which is once a month)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barbara AL said:

Do you have a Big Lots? I get mine there.

My car is in shop. I am really screwed!

Oh well, decided to make lip balms today instead. Tomorrow I will deal with making soap. I think I will just go ahead and sub some babassu and PKO for the coconut. Live and learn!

• Like 1

I would sub the babassu for the CO and not just PKO. In my applications PKO and CO bring different things to the soap and make the soaps feel completely different if using separately. This is why I use a combination of CO and PKO in my soaps, and not just one or the other. 

Both Walmart and Amazon provide same-day shipping here, so if I was in a pinch, I would order from there. Do you have Amazon Prime, and do they provide same-day shipping in your area? Might be something to look into. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I had already decided to combine the oils. I like combo bubbly oils too. They have a good dynamic together when it comes to soapmaking.

Not only is my car in the shop but I don't dare spend money until I get it out. Its gonna take all my money I have to get it fixed. So no CO until the car repairs are paid. Running out of CO was just really bad timing.:(

4 hours ago, Shari said:

I too like the combo of bubbly oils.  I generally combine PKO and CO.  I've never tried Babassu.   Sorry for the car problems and running out of CO.  Hope it's resolved soon and not to pocket draining.

I also combine PKO and CO in my main recipe. 

In my experience Babassu oil is more cleansing (aka drying) than Coconut oil is in cold process, and it's a tad more expensive, so I try to save that for my lotions because as a leave on oil that doesn't go through saponification, it's fabulous.

I've tried CO on its own and PKO on its own, and it just does not compare to them being combined. It just really adds so much more to the soap than the oils by themselves. CO on its own is too cleansing, and PKO on its own lends to a rubbery feel. 

• Like 1

So I am going to find out what the combo of babassu and PKO feel like in soap.:lol: 

I've used these oils before but not in combination. But I also use castor which adds creamy lather so the triple combo should actually be quite nice.... but a bit pricey. Oh well, wanted to use up my babassu and PKO anyway as I am trying to narrow down my soaping oils to cut costs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...