Wax & wicks for mason jars

I am hoping someone out there has the perfect soy wax and wick combo for regular mouth and wide mouth pint mason jars.... I have tried several different combinations and it's getting expensive and I have yet to find a combo that works . I sure appreciate any recommendations!

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

What combo's have you tried?

Trappeur

I have tried Ecosoya 210 with Eco wicks which was bad, Ecosoya 210  with LX 18 wicks ( worked good for some, not so good for others, depending on FO I suppose), and I have tried C3 wax with HTP 1212, HTP 104, and I just made some today with HTP 93. The last ones I made with the 104’s had a lot of soot, so I’m going to try wicking down. The Ecosoya wax has hardly any scent throw, so I’m done with it. I’ve heard the C3 and 464 are pretty comparable. Now I just need to find the right wicks for C3...

Excuse my language, but welcome to soy 464 hell.  *shudder*  Depending on the fragrance oil, I've had some success with Premier 770s, Eco 4s, and CD 10s in pint regular-mouth canning jars.  I get nowhere near the hot throw I use to get two years ago.  I have a big occasional sale coming up this week and had to have something to sell so tested for weeks to get to this point but will start testing C3 for future sales.   I just hope the candles have enough hot throw that people will continue to purchase.  With 464 varying so much from one lot to the next, you can't count on using the same wick the next box around.  I've been ordering multiple boxes and asking for the same lot/date so I have some wax left after testing to actually make candles to sell!  

Good luck,

GoldieMN