Can You Use liquid Soap color in Wax Melts

Moonstar

On 11/7/2018 at 9:30 PM, Moonstar said:

I know it's s dumb question but 

can I use liquid soap color in wax 

melts . It seems like there's more 

color options for soap then wax ?

No mam!  The only dumb question would be the one not asked, is what my grandmother always told me. 😊

But no sorry Moonstar, you can't use liquid soap colorants for wax as they are usually (from all I have seen) water based and wax is of course oil based, so they won't mix properly.  You can however use mica to color your wax!  I do it on occasion and like the results!  Are you ISO some new dyes for wax?  😇

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

No mam!  The only dumb question would be the one not asked, is what my grandmother always told me. 😊

But no sorry Moonstar, you can't use liquid soap colorants for wax as they are usually (from all I have seen) water based and wax is of course oil based, so they won't mix properly.  You can however use mica to color your wax!  I do it on occasion and like the results!  Are you ISO some new dyes for wax?  😇

I need a mint for FB chocolate chip mint - a red & a hot pink - grey 

and a traditional green 

On 11/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, Sarah S said:

Is the liquid soap color water based? I don't see how that could work, sorry Moonstar!

Have you tried mica in your melts?

On 11/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, Sarah S said:

Is the liquid soap color water based? I don't see how that could work, sorry Moonstar!

Have you tried mica in your melts?

Mica drops to the bottom :(

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I need a mint for FB chocolate chip mint - a red & a hot pink - grey 

and a traditional green 

Let me take s peek at some of my doubles and see what I have.  So you need the following:

Mint Green

Red

Hot Pink- do not have only have magenta 

Grey- just sold my double of black

Traditional Green

Let me check on the Red, Traditional Green and Mint.  I will get back to you briefly.  

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Mica drops to the bottom :(

It will drop to the bottom, once it's melted however, if you use some poly80 it will suspend better.  👍  

I mix my candle dyes the same as I mix almost everything else and have almost every color under the sun, just by mixing the basic primary colors I have, or using more or less drops per lb to get the intensity (or not so much by using a tip of a skewer dipped to get way less than even a drop) 

It's easy once you get the hang of it, and experiment. 

On 11/13/2018 at 1:00 PM, Jcandleattic said:

I mix my candle dyes the same as I mix almost everything else and have almost every color under the sun, just by mixing the basic primary colors I have, or using more or less drops per lb to get the intensity (or not so much by using a tip of a skewer dipped to get way less than even a drop) 

It's easy once you get the hang of it, and experiment. 

Yes that's how I used to do it also.  I started with the block candle dyes.  I now have sooo many of those so have since added the entire candle science liquid colorants to my stash.  It's a sickness for me.  Lol 😂. The only color I'm wanting now is a nice hot pink liquid dye.  Determined to find one.  

Also @Moonstar  I do have a few extra CS liquid dyes I am getting ready to destash.  The Red is about 1/2 full.  There are many others.  Shoot me a PM if interested.  😇

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Yes that's how I used to do it also.  I started with the block candle dyes.  I now have sooo many of those so have since added the entire candle science liquid colorants to my stash.  It's a sickness for me.  Lol 😂. The only color I'm wanting now is a nice hot pink liquid dye.  Determined to find one.  

Also @Moonstar  I do have a few extra CS liquid dyes I am getting ready to destash.  The Red is about 1/2 full.  There are many others.  Shoot me a PM if interested.  😇

Too bad candles4less went out of business. They had the BEST hot pink/neon pink liquid dye for candles. I still have over half the bottle, even though I use it pretty often. Thing I LOVE about the liquid candle dyes is they last friggen FOR-EV-ERRRRRRRR... LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Too bad candles4less went out of business. They had the BEST hot pink/neon pink liquid dye for candles. I still have over half the bottle, even though I use it pretty often. Thing I LOVE about the liquid candle dyes is they last friggen FOR-EV-ERRRRRRRR... LOL 

Ahhh.... Yah I've never used them.  But yes liquid dyes do tend to last forever.   I bought some new ones for the ones I use more frequently and still have yet to run out.  They just keep going and going and going! Lol  I think I might try some Hot Pink liquid dye when I place my order with BC.  Any suggestions from BC for FO's?  

On 11/17/2018 at 2:10 AM, Marleigha said:

Ahhh.... Yah I've never used them.  But yes liquid dyes do tend to last forever.   I bought some new ones for the ones I use more frequently and still have yet to run out.  They just keep going and going and going! Lol  I think I might try some Hot Pink liquid dye when I place my order with BC.  Any suggestions from BC for FO's?  

Spiced Cranberry- blueberry muffin 

the regular one - buttered Rum allspice - I did t like Sissys sugar cookie. Trappeuur I think said their cinnamon raisin bread 🍞 is good 

and it's a surplus oil $10lb 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2018 at 2:10 AM, Marleigha said:

Do you have a favorite birthday cake ? 

Thanks @Moonstar!  I was hoping they had a BF sale but sadly they didn't.  😕  Gotta go where the sale are first kwim?  But I do have a rather large order I plan to place with BC sometime in the near future.  😇  That Buttered Rum Allspice sounds really good!  I have in fact tried heir blueberry Muffin and a few other sand everything I have tested from them has been pretty darn good.  

3 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Thanks @Moonstar!  I was hoping they had a BF sale but sadly they didn't.  😕  Gotta go where the sale are first kwim?  But I do have a rather large order I plan to place with BC sometime in the near future.  😇  That Buttered Rum Allspice sounds really good!  I have in fact tried heir blueberry Muffin and a few other sand everything I have tested from them has been pretty darn good.  

I've read Aztec blueberry cobbler is super strong . Haven't tried any from  there  do you have a great buttercream you can recommend 

Edited by Moonstar