Herbal candle

somaye1957

19 hours ago, Scented said:

So you are stating that you want to make an herbal candle by using essential oil and dried herbs? If that's the case, drop the dried herbs, which become a fire hazard when they dislodge and float in wax. If that isn't the case, please explain again. 

Thanks for reply. 

I want to make a herbal candle that when it burns I can feel the herb smell. it's what is important for me. Please guide me how I add the herb to acheive my goal.

Thanks

• Confused 1

Dried actual herbs will not burn well in a candle. The debris can (and often does) ignite. Burning herbs with ignited wax smells terrible. It's a recipe for a house fire.

If looking for an herbal scent, you could try essential oils, though they often smell not good while burning. They work best with a gentle wax that is able to burn with a small, cool wick.

Otherwise, I suggest working wickless with essential oils over a small wax melt warmer, or in a spray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are some great fragrance oils with herbal scents that work great in candles. 

For example, Candle Science has:

Cardamom & Star Anise

Carribbean Teakwood

Cedarwood Vanilla

Citronella

Coconut Lime Verbena

Day at the Spa

Cypress & Bayberry

Dragon's Blood

Frankincense & Myrhh

Garden Mint

Red Rose

Grapefruit & Mint

Green Tea & Lemongrass

Lavender

Lavender & Chamomile

Lemon Verbena

Nag Champa

Oakmoss & Amber

Patchouli

Peppermint & Eucalyptus

Rosemary

Sandalwood

Tomato Leaf

Vetiver

White Birch

• Like 1

By "feeling the herb smell" do you mean you want it to burn your nose hairs? For instance, like when people with colds use menthol or eucalyptus in steam diffusers to help clear their airways? And what specific herb do you mean? There are lots of different herbs that are available in fragrance oils for candle making.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:37 PM, somaye1957 said:

I want to make a herbal candle that when it burns I can feel the herb smell. it's what is important for me. Please guide me how I add the herb to acheive my goal.

Thanks

So a couple of things. I'm not sure what you mean by feel, but I take it you want to smell it, probably.  

What is the herbal smell you want? The fragrance oils will be easiest and less expensive (likely) to use depending on what scent/fragrance/smell you are going for. Finding that fragrance may not be readily available and might take some combinations. 
What is the wax or application that you want to use? Do you want a wick in it or not? A container? Free standing? What type of wax? 
Do you know how to make a basic candle? 

On 11/13/2018 at 11:18 PM, TallTayl said:

Dried actual herbs will not burn well in a candle. The debris can (and often does) ignite. Burning herbs with ignited wax smells terrible. It's a recipe for a house fire.

If looking for an herbal scent, you could try essential oils, though they often smell not good while burning. They work best with a gentle wax that is able to burn with a small, cool wick.

Otherwise, I suggest working wickless with essential oils over a small wax melt warmer, or in a spray.

Thanks dear💓

On 11/14/2018 at 12:22 AM, Candybee said:

There are some great fragrance oils with herbal scents that work great in candles. 

For example, Candle Science has:

Cardamom & Star Anise

Carribbean Teakwood

Cedarwood Vanilla

Citronella

Coconut Lime Verbena

Day at the Spa

Cypress & Bayberry

Dragon's Blood

Frankincense & Myrhh

Garden Mint

Red Rose

Grapefruit & Mint

Green Tea & Lemongrass

Lavender

Lavender & Chamomile

Lemon Verbena

Nag Champa

Oakmoss & Amber

Patchouli

Peppermint & Eucalyptus

Rosemary

Sandalwood

Tomato Leaf

Vetiver

White Birch

Thanks for guiding me.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:16 AM, mzpickles said:

By "feeling the herb smell" do you mean you want it to burn your nose hairs? For instance, like when people with colds use menthol or eucalyptus in steam diffusers to help clear their airways? And what specific herb do you mean? There are lots of different herbs that are available in fragrance oils for candle making.

Not burn my nose hair. I want a light smell for example eucalyptus or peppermint

On 11/15/2018 at 1:23 AM, Scented said:

So a couple of things. I'm not sure what you mean by feel, but I take it you want to smell it, probably.  

What is the herbal smell you want? The fragrance oils will be easiest and less expensive (likely) to use depending on what scent/fragrance/smell you are going for. Finding that fragrance may not be readily available and might take some combinations. 
What is the wax or application that you want to use? Do you want a wick in it or not? A container? Free standing? What type of wax? 
Do you know how to make a basic candle? 

Your suggesstion is ok. I use parraffin wax . I use wick. I ask it for all type of candle .

Well then I would search for the herbal that you want to use. I think it is candle science, for instance, that would have a combination scent of eucalyptus and peppermint. You can both scents separately out there too and if  you wanted to go with essentials, both would be available too. You will spend more per pound using essentials. 

You could feasibly cut out your own eucalyptus leaves and press those into your mold/container and pour wax into it. Might be a bit time consuming, but it is possible. 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, Scented said:

Well then I would search for the herbal that you want to use. I think it is candle science, for instance, that would have a combination scent of eucalyptus and peppermint. You can both scents separately out there too and if  you wanted to go with essentials, both would be available too. You will spend more per pound using essentials. 

You could feasibly cut out your own eucalyptus leaves and press those into your mold/container and pour wax into it. Might be a bit time consuming, but it is possible. 

Thanks a lot