Oops

Don’t you hate it when you are in the middle of making candles and you realize you’ve done something wrong? I got three jars ready, calculated how much wax I needed and threw in some extra for melts. I calculated the amount of FO and carefully measured it. But when I poured my candles I had just enough for two candles and some melts. I have no clue what happened, but I’m pretty sure I have 3 candles worth of FO in two candles. So please tell me about some of your oops experiences with candles so I won’t feel bad.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Measuring out an additive, adding it, and not a minute later forgetting whether or not I added any.

Same with drops of liquid dye. "1, 2, 3... 3, 4, 6... 7, 8... Uh-oh."

Edit: Forgetting wick stickers. That happened once.

Forgetting (read: being lazy and not doing it) to tare, then ending up with the wrong amount and not knowing why.

Moving a freshly poured candle after it had formed a thick skin, thick enough that it appeared mostly set. Tilted it a bit too much while carrying it, skin broke, wasn't fun cleaning up.

Edited by Kerven
  • Like 4

On 11/2/2018 at 2:36 PM, Forrest said:

Don’t you hate it when you are in the middle of making candles and you realize you’ve done something wrong? I got three jars ready, calculated how much wax I needed and threw in some extra for melts. I calculated the amount of FO and carefully measured it. But when I poured my candles I had just enough for two candles and some melts. I have no clue what happened, but I’m pretty sure I have 3 candles worth of FO in two candles. So please tell me about some of your oops experiences with candles so I won’t feel bad.  

Hey, don't feel bad............so many times those accidents tend to give us new avenues to address...and the only thing I can add is that you need to send me one of those bad-boys so I can give you proper feedback...PM me for my mailing address  😃

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pam W said:

Hey, don't feel bad............so many times those accidents tend to give us new avenues to address...and the only thing I can add is that you need to send me one of those bad-boys so I can give you proper feedback...PM me for my mailing address  😃

Fortunately it was just two candles. They were the first two jars that poured perfectly for me, but they are about 12% so I expects some sooting and serious mushrooming, but the HT might be better.

• Like 1

The worst that happened to me was dropping an entire pour pot full of cinnamon scented wax I had just finished coloring. Its amazing how far wax will splash. But that red coloring was a total beast to get off my kitchen floor. Thank goodness for my heat gun and paper towels. But by the time I finished cleaning up the mess I was way too exhausted to finish making candles for the rest of the day. Plus all I could smell was cinnamon.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Candybee said:

The worst that happened to me was dropping an entire pour pot full of cinnamon scented wax I had just finished coloring. Its amazing how far wax will splash. But that red coloring was a total beast to get off my kitchen floor. Thank goodness for my heat gun and paper towels. But by the time I finished cleaning up the mess I was way too exhausted to finish making candles for the rest of the day. Plus all I could smell was cinnamon.

Now that makes me feel much better