Online Commerce - Variations :-(

MilosCandles

I have to complain for a minute.  It is amazing how many Online Commerce sites have such a basic archaic way of dealing with Variations.  Etsy, Artfire, Amazon, WooCommerce all have very levels of support for this.  I have numerous different vessels and have close to 40 different scents.  For me to create a listing on any of these sites and have to Type or Copy and paste each scent into a box 40 times for each listing is just crazy.  THEN if I add or remove a scent have to go back into 100 different listings is CRAZY.

I will say for Etsy I found a site called Vela - https://welcome.getvela.com/ that allows BULK editing of your ETSY listing. (FOR FREE) I use this ALL the time.  Tags, Titles, Description, and Variations.  It has been a life saver. Otherwise Etsy suggests editing each item and that sucks.

WooCommerce does allow Variations with "|" separating the scents so I can copy and past the list in each listing.  NOT GREAT.  And I think I may have found a PAID plugin to help with this, but have yet to pay.  I think I am going to need to pay soon though. - https://www.pimwick.com/pw-bulk-edit/

Artfire - SUCKS

Amazon - If you are NOT in Handmade it is easy and can do it with a CSV file.  With Handmade, not terrible but only allow 20 variations, oh wait sorry not "variations" they are called OPTIONS.  You can copy and paste a list in separated by commas.  But still need to edit each listing.

I think often when people think of Variations they think of S, M L, XL.  So annoying.

Done Complaining for the day.

Hope this helps some one else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I so totally agree. Variations are a weak link.

watch out when bulk editing. I made a bigggg mistake missing a price variation on the candles section and ended up marking a $40 candle for $8 in a bulk update. You have to really, really proof read every single listing. 

• Like 2