Has anybody tried the 16oz tins?

39 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I love them. It's my favorite container to make even though they don't sell that well for me.  I double wick with zinc wicks.

Well if you don't mind me asking, what size zinc and how far apart are your wicks.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:19 AM, Arch Rock said:

I used to pour these tins and usually had to wick-up one notch.  These buggers get hot and I never wanted to double wick them.

I have to say that I do not understand the obsession with pouring tins........yeah, they might be nice to have on hand if one is traveling and want to scent a hotel room ............but other than that, why would I,  a consumer, pay the price of buying a tin.......IDK..............just totally lost on the obsession with tines

On 11/3/2018 at 6:19 PM, Pam W said:

I have to say that I do not understand the obsession with pouring tins........yeah, they might be nice to have on hand if one is traveling and want to scent a hotel room ............but other than that, why would I,  a consumer, pay the price of buying a tin.......IDK..............just totally lost on the obsession with tines

For me they are easy because, thanks to bfroberts, I have my wicking down. Also when polled my family they all wanted tins over any other container. Because I’m not selling I usually get my containers back, and tins are easy to recycle. If I decide to jump into the market I won’t do tins, because in a crowded market I think you need your containers to separate you from the crowd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like tins.  To me, they burn very  well, and they look sleek and fit in with most any decor.  They have a place in the market just like any other container.  In addition to tins, I offer status jars, 9oz ss jars, and also a fancier tumbler type jar.  Difference people like different things.  And...most of my customers are traveling when they buy a candle from me, and anyone who is concerned about breakage has the option of buying an unbreakable tin.  They aren't my best selling container, but they sell well enough to warrant shelf space.

I'm glad you got your wicking figured out, Forrest.  Sometimes the 16oz tin will do OK with a single zinc, but the burn is better and cleaner with doubles.  So good, in fact, I stopped playing around with single wicking altogether.  Why mess with perfection, right?  Good luck!

• Like 1