Flaming candle FO order

*Dee*

I bought some 1oz samples to test in 415 and problend 650. 

Tobacco caramel 

pumpkin pecan waffles

bourbon butterscotch

asain sandalwood 

rosemary mint 

smoked vanilla 

piped tobacco

gold rum 

these are way different than the typical scents I would’ve ordered 5-8 years ago. My nose and taste apparently has changed that much lol

if anyone has any reviews on these or suggestions on others to try from here or better oils in these scents elsewhere please chime in. 😊

Mmmm, their Gold Rum is wonderful. Similar to CW's Hot Buttered Rum, but I like Flaming's a little more, it smells more authentic to me.

Flaming has so many great fragrances. If you like Dragon's Blood, theirs is awesome.

Their dupe of Lush's Supernova is fantastic, as is their dupe of Blue Sugar.

All their forest/woods fragrances smell very good, and authentic.

Really, I haven't gotten a dud from them yet, although the rum is the only one on your list that I've ordered.

The Tobacco caramel is great and unique.  Supernova  (as Sarah said) is good too.  Here are a few others I've tried and like:

Georgia Peach

Apple Ginger Crust

Nag Champa

Mahogany Coconut

I have a bunch more in the hopper, but in general they have good stuff.  

I am not going to click on this thread, I am not adding a bunch of samples to my Flaming order and y'all can't make me!

Well maybe you could convince me to add one or two.

or possibly a few more

Oh what the heck, as long as I don't tell my therapist it will be OK. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If you like caramel apple scents ,Flaming has the absolute best ever. I use many from this supplier & get great results . Here are some I use & love with super throw. I use a paraffin blend wax.

Alpine Cheer

Balsam fir

Blue Spruce

Sea salt Orchid 

Beautiful Day

Baja cactus Blossom

Macintosh Apple

Summer scoop

Bombshell

Amish Harvest

Lemongrass

Redwood cedar

Southern Sweet tea

Autumn Flannel

Sweet Strawberry

I know each of these are super strong & I use many from Flaming ,great supplier .I will add I like Fragrance Buddy's Pumpkin pecan waffle over Flamings . I know I have many more to still test soon.

I have been using Flaming oils for many years now .Hope this helps .

12 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

If you like caramel apple scents ,Flaming has the absolute best ever. I use many from this supplier & get great results . Here are some I use & love with super throw. I use a paraffin blend wax.

Alpine Cheer

Balsam fir

Blue Spruce

Sea salt Orchid 

Beautiful Day

Baja cactus Blossom

Macintosh Apple

Summer scoop

Bombshell

Amish Harvest

Lemongrass

Redwood cedar

Southern Sweet tea

Autumn Flannel

Sweet Strawberry

I know each of these are super strong & I use many from Flaming ,great supplier .I will add I like Fragrance Buddy's Pumpkin pecan waffle over Flamings . I know I have many more to still test soon.

I have been using Flaming oils for many years now .Hope this helps .

Do you know if their balsam fir smells like B&BW “fresh balsam”?

It does not say it's a BBW dupe ,however it is a strong true balsam scent . Another great balsam is Fillmore's Christmas tree ,great strong balsam tree scent. I use Flamings & get great results . I don't think you would be disappointed in Flamings balsam ,very true to the real tree .I know if the scents with Flaming are BBW dupes ,they do state this as dupes in the descriptions . It's a good one though . Hope this helps .😀

• Like 1

I've tried TFC's Smoking Vanilla, and it's too smoky for me. I think it needs more vanilla, and less smoky. I use 6006 or C3 wax, if that helps. I'm interested in their Asian Sandalwood, too. I ordered more sample wicks for testing, and bigger bottles of Caribbean Salsa and Egyptian Amber. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YellowButterfly said:

I've tried TFC's Smoking Vanilla, and it's too smoky for me. I think it needs more vanilla, and less smoky. I use 6006 or C3 wax, if that helps. I'm interested in their Asian Sandalwood, too. I ordered more sample wicks for testing, and bigger bottles of Caribbean Salsa and Egyptian Amber. 

I somehow have overlooked Flamings Smoking Vanilla ,sounds interesting . I will have to give this one a try soon . I love Flamings  Autumn Flannel with a splash of Marshmallow Fireside added from another supplier. I wanted to make the scent a lil bit stronger & this combo had good results ,just what I was looking for . The smoking vanilla sounds like a good blender scent . Thanks for the post.😀

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 6:40 PM, YellowButterfly said:

If you are a Sandalwood lover, you will love their Asian Sandalwood.  It's good and strong, as is Egyptian Amber which to me has a lot of Sandalwood but other notes as well.

• Like 2

I just recently received Bourbon Butterscotch BBW dupe from Flaming . I ordered a sample first ,this one smells fantastic oob .

Excited to get this one tested in my wax . I could actually smell this one & Black cherry before I opened the package . Cabarnet grape & Roasted Chestnut is strong oob as well. New scents going into the wax asap .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

If you are a Sandalwood lover, you will love their Asian Sandalwood.  It's good and strong, as is Egyptian Amber which to me has a lot of Sandalwood but other notes as well.

Don't enable me! 😉 I wish they were open on Saturdays again since I'm local to them - about an hour drive from me. I have both their Sandalwood Vanilla & Egyptian Amber (LOVE  THEM!) so it looks like I'll be purchasing Asian Sandalwood, too. Thanks for the suggestion, @kandlekrazy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

So which ones did you get Forest?

Trappeur

I didn’t get too much because I’ll need to order from Nature’s Garden and Aztec soon. Just two bottles and seven samples.

Bergamot-for my lavender blend

Lemon Verbena-because I’ve run out

For my samples I got

Bayberry & Silver Oak-because you said so and you’ve never steered me wrong

Chocolate Amber-because a lot of people said good things about it

Mulled Cider-to see if it was better than he one I have

Falling Leaves-hoping it is good so I can make next fall’s candles

25:43- for unknown reasons

Nutmeg & Spice-because my daughter ask for it

Black Ginger and Bamboo-I tried this one before and want to see if aging it will get the HT up.

Because I said so Forest? ha ha ha ha.......you tickle me....because I said so....lol

Chocolate is a good seller for me.....I'm not a lover of it myself, but hell if it sells, I'll make it....

Mulled Cider?   Geesh I don't remember if I ever ordered it...because I do from everyone else...I'll get it on my next order just because your getten it!

25:43 - Well I never did understand those fragrances that are put out by designers when they name them like that...I have seen those type fragrances with that name but I thought they were more perfumy?   You'll have to tell us what you think when you get that one.

Nutmeg and spice - I never tried...I'll wait till you try it before I waste my money....ha ha

Black Ginger and Bamboo...I have a few samples of that one...never put in wax cause it's not my type but if you like it Forest, I'll send all of mine over to your neck of the woods....

Ok, that's my input.....ok, now I'm going to treat myself and make some bacon wrapped chicken and stick in the oven.   I'm hungry...

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Because I said so Forest? ha ha ha ha.......you tickle me....because I said so....lol

You said Vanilla Champagne, and  you said Orange Peel and Cinnamon. After those two I decided that going with what you say is far better than the shooting in the dark method I normally use to pick FOs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forrest said:

You said Vanilla Champagne, and  you said Orange Peel and Cinnamon. After those two I decided that going with what you say is far better than the shooting in the dark method I normally use to pick FOs.

I know vanilla champagne comes from NG but where does orange peel and cinnamon come from? Trapp has great taste!

Well, I try is all I can say.....but I've got one on top of that ........I'm so fortunate to have great taste in all my friends who are family to me here because I am a very picky picky person when it comes to picking friends.  I've never had that many in my life really, just a few I could count on one hand.   But since I joined this forum many years ago, I can honestly say I have so many friends that I've had the chance to meet right here in the forum, through private messages, then emails and even on the telephone and I can truthfully thank each and everyone for your friendship, kindness and now support in this horrible time of my life that is now going on a difficult journey....so I consider that great taste...

Trappeur 

• Like 5