Wicks for 6006

18 hours ago, SageSlowdive said:

So, I've been testing for awhile now with ECO in 6006. I've found you need to trim the wicks after every burn to avoid excessive smoking, that's the only way I've been able to get the wicks to work, I've used all sizes now.

If it seems to be burning well, but it's not self-trimming, try one size down. Or...less FO, less dye, longer cure.  When everything is correct, they self-trim pretty well for me.  Unfortunately, some FO's just aren't cooperative, and no matter what you do they just don't want to burn well.  

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

If it seems to be burning well, but it's not self-trimming, try one size down. Or...less FO, less dye, longer cure.  When everything is correct, they self-trim pretty well for me.  Unfortunately, some FO's just aren't cooperative, and no matter what you do they just don't want to burn well.  

May I ask what percent of FO you use in yours? Right now I'm using 8%.

3 hours ago, SageSlowdive said:

May I ask what percent of FO you use in yours? Right now I'm using 8%.

I only use 6%.  I might round up a tad if the math works out better that way but I never use more than 7% at the most.  I wouldn’t think 8% would be too much though. Candle making is just brutal!