Back to the drawing board, best soy for tarts

dirtybirdsoaps

I haven’t made candles, tarts, or soaps in years.....life got in the way. 

Im looking into only doing it as a hobby but am curious as to a good soy wax for tarts. In the past I used GW415 for my container candles and feather palm wax for my tarts. I’ve only used clam shells for my tarts. Right now I’m only looking at clamshells but might want to venture to different styles of tarts. Unfortunately my brother has a reaction to feather palm so I’m looking into soy. 

Whats everyone’s preference for soy tarts? Is there a soy that works for clamshells & molded tarts? Is there a multi soy wax that would be good for container candles, clamshell tarts and molded tarts?

I wouldn’t mind having to buy a different wax for candles if needed but heck if I could find one to fit all my needs that would be amazing. 

TIA

Heyyyyy!! You were here years ago when I was here. I just came back as well. I’m still hanging onto my GW 415 but just ordered some problend 650 that I’ve NEVER heard of to try. Forewarning you, EVERYTHING has changed in 5 years for me. 😱

Hey there! Nice to see some of the same people lol I’m definitely noticing  the difference already. So many new types of supplies and this board isn’t moving like it did back then. I have a feeling I’m going to stay with my 415 for containers when I start them again and a soy blend for tarts. In a perfect world I’d find a soy to fit all my needs but not likely. It’s funny how much people complain about 415 but I love it. 

Well from what I’ve been reading the last couple days about a year or two ago, soy changed and not for the good. 🤷🏼‍♀️ The 415 I had was ordered September 2017. 

But I’m only making melts this time around so I can’t help much with candles but my first pour of 415 for melts was Monday. Gonna let them cure a couple more days before I test them and have my couple testers do so as well. 

From everything I gathered so far ky parasoy tart/votive wax is the same as the flaming candles problend 650. I keep wanting to say you used to use the ky parasoy for melts? And yes this forum definitely doesn’t move as much as it did. And I’m not having good luck using the search bar.