IGI Paraflex 4625 Shipping

I bought some IGI Paraflex 4625 today and the problem  is it is very expensive to ship like all 10lb slabs. I did some math and it looks like the manufacturers could melt it into a large priority flat rate  shipping box and get around 21 pounds of melted wax in a box, and shipping costs would be $18.90.  The medium priority flat rate box would hold 18 pounds and cost $13.65 to ship.

Any feedback to this? Dave.

Hi Dave, welcome!

If only they would do that...(sigh).  Shipping is THE most expensive part of this business/hobby/obsession.  At least it is for those of us who live far away from a supplier.  The best we can do is try to find a wax that works, from a supplier closest to us.  Sometimes we get lucky and they will offer free shipping.  I just got in on EAP's free shipping a few months back...cut my cost for wax in half.  If you tell us your location I'm sure someone on here can tell you the nearest supplier  to you of your wax.

Edited by franu61

That wax would have to be put in a bag if melted that way. Could you imagine the waste from scraping the box off the wax? Not very economical for them to do that. 

EBay and Amazon have wax with free shipping,but you will pay more. Your only other alternative is buy closer or wait for free shipping sale and even those will require more than a 10lb slab purchase.  

Edited by ScentedPleasurez
Phone corrected If and put of.

Does it irritate anyone else when shipping costs as much as the order or more. Then, when you receive the box, about >40% of its contents are packing peanuts that have been dumped in on top of everything. Not some on the bottom, some on the sides, some on top. Just dumped on top to keep things from rattling because the box was so needlessly large.

58 minutes ago, Kerven said:

Does it irritate anyone else when shipping costs as much as the order or more. Then, when you receive the box, about >40% of its contents are packing peanuts that have been dumped in on top of everything. Not some on the bottom, some on the sides, some on top. Just dumped on top to keep things from rattling because the box was so needlessly large.

I ordered molds and my shipping was more than the purchase, they couldve been put in a padded envelope,  only 2 people had the mold that I wanted,or I wouldn't have paid that much. My box came and it was full of paper lol

Edited by ScentedPleasurez

On 10/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, Kerven said:

Does it irritate anyone else when shipping costs as much as the order or more.

Yes, this why there are a few suppliers that others RAVE about but I refuse to buy from because when I get to my cart and calculate, the shipping is more expensive than the items and i just cannot justify that.