Hello & Thanks!

LaurieD

I've been lurking here learning and decided to finally join so I could thank all of you for sharing your knowledge. So, THANK YOU 😊

I don't sell candles, just make them for myself and give them to family and friends. I used to make bath and body stuff to sell at the local farmer's market, so I had a decent stash of FOs. I also have a serious candle habit. After doing some research, I bought some soy wax, wicks and, well,  you know the rest. I use 464 and ECO wicks and, knock on wood, things have been working well. But, I recently discovered that Cierra Candle Supply is only about 10 miles from me and they don't carry 464, but do carry C3. I'm going to buy  some to test and see what  happens. It would be very nice to not have to pay shipping!

When I'm not putzing around with wax and fragrance, I'm an avid knitter and I also enjoy spinning yarn on my spinning wheel. I have a small flock of sheep who provide fiber but, I also buy fiber to spin. It's sort of like wax and FOs. So many different breeds of sheep, so many different wools to choose from! They all have their own unique characteristics. I also share my life with 5 donkeys, some laying hens, too many cats and our much loved senior Cocker Spaniel mix.

• Like 3

Hi LaurieD

That is quite the little farm you have there! I have always like the idea of living with lots of animals but just know all the work that would be involved and how much poo there would be, therefore, I realised it is not for me! LOL

I am soon to launch an online candle shop, with the aspiration to expand my handmade range into body butters, lip balms and some other items that can be handmade with safety of humans, pets and the environment a priority.  But that is a way down the track.  First up is the candles!  So have to get my blog and instagram ready for people to purchase from.

Soy does seem to be the popular choice of wax but i have stuck with my original idea of beeswax and coconut wax,  if you want to read, there is so much info about beeswax candles, even the wicks used and the essential oils as well.  

How did the C3 pan out?  Hope it was successful as shipping is always a killer!

All the best for now

Joanne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

c3 is a nice wax and being you can pickup I would definitely learn and test that wax to make that wax work......

There is a lot of info on that wax here....I use to use it and you can definitely make it work with time and effort.

Trappeur