Candles with Salts & Herbs

Okay so a bunch of these came up on an ad yesterday. They are really cute and seem to be widely popular. My question is wouldn't the extra catch fire? Lol 

I get as the wax melts the items would sink but some have the tops fully loaded with bits and all I see is a huge fire hazard. 

Screenshot_20181027-123306.png

I agree and don't think I'd ever top them with herbs or flowers but I have for myself tried lavender buds and mixed throughout the wax and it burned fine, but the buds were totally coated in wax and I'd never sell one.  There are other things you can use like embeds even tiny ones or I use coffee grounds all the time on my coffee candles and no problem with those.   I bought the tiniest round embeds they looked like confetti but never found them again!

Edited by kandlekrazy

I tried coffee beans in a candles once.  The sizzle and smoke were pretty eye opening. 

I make a few mini tapers with powdered herbs with no problem. A dusting, not a coating. If the particles are too big they do indeed create a roman candle, 

Salt, though, will diminish fire. Several wicks are treated with sal solution to slow the burn. The flash point on salt is ridiculously high, so no worries about fire with them, but why? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I tried coffee beans in a candles once.  The sizzle and smoke were pretty eye opening. 

I make a few mini tapers with powdered herbs with no problem. A dusting, not a coating. If the particles are too big they do indeed create a roman candle, 

Salt, though, will diminish fire. Several wicks are treated with sal solution to slow the burn. The flash point on salt is ridiculously high, so no worries about fire with them, but why? 

They are calling them healing crystals. 

These candles will spread positive and loving energies throughout your home. 

15,000 sales in one etsy shop.  

• Haha 1

This one has gemstones l o l

. This candle is excellent for: meditating, promoting self love, opening yourself and others up to a higher vibration of love, grounding, cleansing & renewing your space/energy,

This 8 oz, vegan candle is made out of 100% eco-friendly soy wax, lead-free wicks, essential oil and scent oil blends, organic, homegrown flowers, BEAUTIFUL, high quality, aura quartz crystals, SO MUCH LOVE and it comes in a reusable, glass mason jar!!!

will alter the mood of your home and create a setting that corresponds with your chosen scent. You can feel good about using these chemical and paraffin free creations!

Choosing a candle paired with gemstones and crystals enhances the oil properties and good vibes. For thousands of years, ancient civilizations have utilized the power of gemstones and crystals to release mental, physical and spiritual blockages, thus facilitating the free flow of energy throughout the body. On a cellular level, our bodies and quartz crystals are both made up of mineral silicon-dioxide. Because of this, we are naturally receptive to the vibrations of crystals as they transmit, reflect, store light and receive energy. According to the law of physics, thoughts direct energy and energy follows thought. Our crystal candles serve as a tool to help the thoughts of our consciousness connect with our bodies

Screenshot_20181029-214249.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pughaus said:

There are so many candles out there that are "made with love"- at this point someone could really set themselves apart by using the tagline "poured with indifference"  😏

Or "made with hatred...a gift for your wife when she's been a b!tch" lol!

Edited by Mamabear
Autocorrect sucks...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:49 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

This one has gemstones l o l

Screenshot_20181029-214249.png

Holy crap! :eek2:   Looks like a mini garbage dump on top of that candle. A bit much, don't cha think? Not to mention the fire hazard. LOL 🔥 

Edited by Laura C

54 minutes ago, Laura C said:

Holy crap! :eek2:   Looks like a mini garbage dump on top of that candle. A bit much, don't cha think? Not to mention the fire hazard. LOL 🔥 

This is perfect for people who want a terrarium with their candle  🔥🌵

• Haha 3

On 10/29/2018 at 12:02 PM, TallTayl said:

Oh yes !
In my early days of candle making, I was testing a pillar I made with whole coffee beans at the bottom.
It burned great... until it reached the coffee beans.
I refer to it as the "Table Top Inferno of 1996" 😦

• Haha 5