Northwoods’ coconut wax. Has anyone tried this?

Clear Black

I lose track... is the northwood coconut coco83? If it is, the wax is nice, but a bugger to figure out how to wick without carbon and loads of soot. It’s like burning super soft paraffin. I’ve had to blend it to burn clean. If you have the time it’s well worth the effort since 444 et al have become unusable.

12 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I lose track... is the northwood coconut coco83? If it is, the wax is nice, but a bugger to figure out how to wick without carbon and loads of soot. It’s like burning super soft paraffin. I’ve had to blend it to burn clean. If you have the time it’s well worth the effort since 444 et al have become unusable.

I do not think it is the Coco83 but maybe their own blend. 

From their website it reads:

100% Natural Coconut Candle Wax - Buy Wholesale Coconut Candle Wax

All natural container blend. 90% coconut wax blended with palm and soy waxes to imporove burn quality and increase scent throw. Contains NO paraffin. Ready to use. No blending or additives required.

Melt Point: 126 Degrees F

If you're looking for a wax with superior scent throw, excellent color retention and glass adhesion, look no further! Create a luxury line of candles for your customers or make candles for personal use with this all natural coconut candle wax. 

By the look in the product photo and the description I’d swear that is the same was sold as easybeads by candles and supplies.net. It’s a nice wax, but not the greatest alone. Really benefits from adds of more soy, beeswax, etc to burn clean and throw well.  Super easy wax to work with though. 

• Like 1